(Archived) Checklist for Android not functioning !!

Abhishek

I just recreated your issue. When you create a checkbox and press enter, the checkbox does disappear. However, if you start typing after creating the checkbox, it will stay in place and when you press enter, a new checkbox will be created on a new line.

I believe the "issue" is really just meant to prevent users from creating blank checkboxes. Is there a particular reason you were wanting blank checkboxes?

What version are you using? What is your scenario? I am using the latest beta version, and am able to create checkboxes fine.

I have the version4.0.4.

I'll explain the steps I am following :

1. I click on the new note icon

2. Then I click on the checklist icon

3. I start typing something and when I hit enter it does not create a new check box,it just comes blank

4. I again type something and when I hit enter the same issue.

Please help !!!

I just recreated your issue. When you create a checkbox and press enter, the checkbox does disappear. However, if you start typing after creating the checkbox, it will stay in place and when you press enter, a new checkbox will be created on a new line.

I believe the "issue" is really just meant to prevent users from creating blank checkboxes. Is there a particular reason you were wanting blank checkboxes?

I have tried that...it doesnt create a new checkbox no matter howmany times I type and press enter..

What version are you using? What is your scenario? I am using the latest beta version, and am able to create checkboxes fine.

The same problem occurs when I use the Bullets or the Numbering in the notes !!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the version4.0.4.

I'll explain the steps I am following :

3. I start typing something and when I hit enter it does not create a new check box,it just comes blank

Please help !!!

I also use Arc S and I am experiencing exactly the same problem as Abhishek.

I have tried the trick on #3 but still no check box appears. =[

Is it a bug of the new version or it's just happening on Arc S? =(

• 2 weeks later...

I faced similar problem with you.

on the other hand,

I created a note with checklist on my PC, when i tried to edit that note in android, it shows "This note contain some unsupported formatting" on my device.

If I first created a note with checklist on my device, then edit it on PC and create more checklist, it does not have any problem as above.

My device: samsung galaxy nexus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the version4.0.4.

I have the same issue on a Sony NEO Android version 4.0.4 (It was already there from the beginning of this year on android 3 as well).

3. I start typing something and when I hit enter it does not create a new check box,it just creates a blank line

It is not only with checkboxes but also with bullets or numbers

This issue really stops me from becoming a premium user

• 3 months later...

Hi. I have been having the same problem and I've finally become fed up enough to post here too. I'm very disappointed that this has not been fixed.

I am using Android version 4.0.4 on sony xperia neo v.

The evernote version is 4.3.1.

When trying to create a checklist, the first box appears just fine.

But after typing the first one, and tapping enter, no new box appears.

the cursor is indented (aligned to the text in the first line) the checkbox function continues to be selected.

when i tap the checkbox function, it removes the checkbox from the first line. i guess that is because the checkbox function is toggling.

this is very problematic.

now, what i have to do is type out all my items first.

then i work backwards to insert checkboxes.

but this process is problematic.

Evernote, please fix this. Just because we don't post here, doesn't mean there's no problem.

And since we've posted it, shouldn't there be some followup?

Please remember the 20-80 principle. For all you know, the we are 20% of the affected users out there. And if we are the 80%, that's not a nice thought.

• 3 months later...

Archived