(Archived) BUG: Multiple bugs in 3.1.2

BobF

Idea

"Upgraded" on Friday and have had nothing but trouble. Scrolling is broken - windows snap back to last highlighted note preventing scrolling to the next page. New notes won't save. Just not functioning at all. Customer service not responsive Friday, and now closed until Monday.

Anyone else having problems with the new version? Seems that there's a buggy new release - I can't be the only one having trouble here...

Tried removing old version and doing a clean install. No help...

6 replies to this idea

Welcome to the forums, Bob. I haven't experienced either of those problems. Sorry you're going through them. Hopefully support will get you straightened out soon.

When you say "Customer service not responsive Friday," what do you mean? When did you submit your support ticket? Did you get a confirmation email saying it was received? If you got that email, you should get a substantive response within 24 hours if you're a premium user and within three days or so if you're a free user.

Went onto the online chat function for premium users. Waited in line but got kicked out at exactly 6PM EDT, although it wasn't due to close until a few hours later. Couldn't get back in the queue. So I've been without Evernote Friday (since the upgrade), today and tomorrow. Customer service gave me a solution to try (having to do with uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling) but didn't work.

2 most frustrating things:

1 - can't scroll. every time you get to the bottom (or top) of the screen it pops back to the highlighted note. very strange.

2 - can't save new notes

Is there any way I can revert to the version I was running on thursday (other than using my time machine version) and just get out of this upgrade??

thanks

• Level 5*

"Upgraded" on Friday and have had nothing but trouble. Scrolling is broken - windows snap back to last highlighted note preventing scrolling to the next page. New notes won't save. Just not functioning at all. Customer service not responsive Friday, and now closed until Monday.

Anyone else having problems with the new version? Seems that there's a buggy new release - I can't be the only one having trouble here...

Tried removing old version and doing a clean install. No help...

Hi Bob. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Assuming you have your stuff safely backed up on Time Machine (it sounds like you do), and everything is synced, I'd give a try to Version 3.2.0 Beta 1 (257609). You can access it in your preferences. I didn't have the problems you describe with 3.1.2, so I am afraid I can't give specific advice about it.

If downloading the beta fails to resolve the problem, then uninstalling will probably be best. You could, of course, wait for customer support on Monday. However, as long as you are safely backed up and synced, you shouldn't cause any trouble for yourself doing this.

I am having the EXACT same 2 problems. When I save new notes, they do not show up. The number indicator next to the folder increases by 1 showing that there was a new note added, but it is not in the folder it shows it to be in. When I check on Evernote online or Evernote on my iPhone or iPad, the notes are there and in the correct folder, but new notes just simply DO not show in the Mac version of Evernote v3.1.2

I even tried importing a Notebook .enex file, and it shows all the notes importing, and the newly created notebook shows the correct number of notes next to the notebook in the side list, but when you click on the notebook, Evernote says there are no notes in this notebook. It was working fine on the previous version, but 3.1.2 is broken.

I also can not scroll all the way to the top without manually grabbing the scroll bar, moving it to the top and quickly clicking a note near the top, otherwise it instantly scrolls back down to a note in the middle that is highlighted. This versions is BROKEN!

One more thing, you can't move notes from one notebook to another... if you do, it will change the drop down in the note to the correct notebook, but the note itself will remain exactly where it was... so I can no longer move ANY notes from one notebook to another.

I just downloaded and test v3.2 beta 1, and the problems still exist, so there is defiantly major bugs in the code that need to be fixed. I am surprised there was not more internal testing done before submitting 3.1.2 to the App store, as the delay in the approval process is going to tick off a lot of people, and since the problems still exist in 3.2 beta 1, then someone needs to go back and look at the code that was changed from the previous working version, because somebody dropped the ball big time.

Update:

I just re-downloaded v3.1.1, and the problems are STILL THERE when they weren't there prior to upgrading to 3.1.2, so something is TOTALLY broke now. I am going to have to completely wipe my system of ANYTHING to do with Evernote and see if that doesn't fix it.

Update #2:

I have completely removed EVERYTHING related to Evernote on my computer... full wide system search, including System Files, all references, config files, plists, entire database and the app itself... everything deleted. I then rebooted my computer, redownloaded a fresh copy of 3.1.2 from the App Store, pulled down ALL my notes from the server, and guess what... the problems are STILL there... I can't see any new notes added through the application, but they do show when I log into evernote.com and through my iPad and iPhone, but not the Mac app, I can't move notes from one notebook to another, as it shows the number increment for that folder, but the note stays where it was, and scrolling is broken, as it keeps jumping back to the highlighted note somewhere in the middle without letting me scroll to the top or bottom.

It is strange that the developers are not able to reproduce this problem, because it is obvious that more than 1 person is experiencing it, and no steps I have taken seem to resolve it. I am wondering if there is a common thread, by which a 3rd party app that both BobF and myself have installed that conflicts with Evernote, because I am baffled, but as it stands, Evernote on my Mac is completely useless and there doesn't seem to be any resolution in sight as the developers don't see this as their problem. I am not happy, and as a premium member, I expect this matter to be looked into more in-depth rather than giving me the same boilerplate steps about reinstalling, or creating a new Mac account or creating a new evernote account and sharing the notes... none of these work for this problem, so PLEASE, can someone look into this?

• Level 5*

I have a similar problem I cannot scroll, change notes nor see the entire note in my ipad 3 when trying to view evernote online, scrolling works on other websites!

Any suggestions!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I think your issue is totally unrelated to this one. Please note that the regular Evernote Web client is incompatible with iOS (on any browser, as far as I know). You need to either download the native iOS client (a free app from the appstore) or use the mobile site at www.evernote.com/m/

Archived