Scroll Wheel Jumps Half Page

• Level 5*

My scroll works fine with Evernote - has for the past few years, so it's not just the current version. Maybe your mouse isn't compatible or you need different settings - try reinstalling the current mouse and changing the scroll settings / borrow a mouse and try out a different make. This looks like a hardware / mouse software issue rather than an Evernote one. (This elephant ain't afraid of no mice..)

• Level 5*

Ditto for me, as well, my mice (on several different systems, all Win 7) work fine with respect to mouse wheel scrolling. Oddly, I can't find any mouse wheel scrolling settings in the system I am sitting at currently -- I'm not even sure how to change that now.

I have a Logitech M705 mouse, which works perfectly on every other application except Evernote. That tells me that the problem is with Evernote, not my mouse.

It multiples every setting I give the mouse. If I set the mouse to scroll by 1 line, Evernote scrolls 4. I set 3 lines it scrolls half a page. I set 6 lines is scrolls over a full page. And if I set it to scroll a full page it scrolls over 2 1/2 pages.

If I go to any other program on my PC it does exactly what I set the mouse to scroll at.

The problem is with Evernote.

• 10 months later...

@Peter ... I've had this problem forever with Evernote. One of the poster got it right: What is the behavior of the edit window when you click the scroll bar's up/down buttons instead of rolling the mouse wheel? Why is this right? Because let's stop talking about the mouse wheel, the mouse driver, the setpoint app, ad nauseum.

If I have the operating system setting for the wheel to give 1 "line", then one wheel roll-notch should equal one click on the scroll bar up/down buttons. So setting that, here is what I measure:

Evernote scrolls the text about 2.5 lines for each scrollbar button click.

Evernote scrolls the text about 4 lines for each mouse wheel roll-notch, when wheel is set to "1 line" in the control panel.

As a comparison, I do the same thing in Notepad, and each of the above yields exactly one line of text. So the problem is the Evernote app, not the operating system or the driver or the device.

Basically, whatever you're reading from the operating system, you're scaling it too much when applied to the edit pane. Now, maybe you don't observe what I'm describing, but that's probably because you're observing it on a platform where it does work out to one line. Maybe you're using a Mac. Obviously, I'm using Windows. There's more that the mouse at issue here. There's the drawing API provided by the operating system also.

Just saying that you're "taking whatever is handed to you by the operating system" is a cop-out, because at the very least, you could build a workaround into your app's Options where the user could specify the scaling.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem.

I actually use Win7, an ASUS mouse on a 15.6 laptop. 
My mouse work perfectly in every other application: it's just a problem on Evernote.

It seems to be a minor issue, but when you're reading notes, it's really difficult to scroll the text without missing some phrases....

Thanks

• 1 month later...

This is also a problem for me.  It is not my mouse.  Everything scrolls nice and gracefully in every other application.  Just Evernote jumps too far too fast and I am constantly getting lost in the page.  For longer notes I have resorted to copy/paste to Word to make my edits and then copy/paste back into Evernote.  That is obviously NOT an efficient use of this great tool.  Hopefully they can resolve this bug and see what we are all referring to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hear! Let's have some control of the scaling, please.

It makes scrolling in Evernote(s) painfull - one looses track!

BR,

Martin

Basically, whatever you're reading from the operating system, you're scaling it too much when applied to the edit pane. 

Just saying that you're "taking whatever is handed to you by the operating system" is a cop-out, because at the very least, you could build a workaround into your app's Options where the user could specify the scaling.

• 1 month later...

So apparently Evernote peoples aren't very interested in solving this irritating problem.   I echo what has been enumerated here. My mouse wheel works correctly in every other application but when I use it in the Evernote Windows client, it jumps more than a page, which means that it scrolls beyond the point where I was at. 

Not just irritating, very annoying.. So have to use the up/down arrow or some other method as the wheel doesn't work right... but tough to remember that, oh yeah, I'm in Evernote, don't use the wheel..    

Please, please, please Evernote people, could you take some heed and help us poor users out?  Thanks!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to comment to bump this topic. Mine is the same as others. The mouse wheel scroll works fine in every other application except Evernote. I have a Logitech mouse on Windows 7, but previously had a Microsoft mouse and had the same issue. I have put up with this annoying problem since first using Evernote but finally decided to search the forum for a solution. I find the wheel scroll unusable in Evernote because I lose my place. Have to use the scroll bar which is a pain. Please fix this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I got that advice from another "bump" and have submitted a ticket for this one and that one.

I also submitted a ticket with the link to this forum and was told they know about the bug. When I ask when it was filed, he said it doesn't have a date with bug report. This sounds a little suspicious. I even said I'm willing to bring in my laptop for them to investigate since I live in the Bay Area. But no reply for that.

The scrolling works fine as long as you are not in the edit mode. Therefore, it's definitely not cause by our hardware or driver at all.

Maybe you all knew this, but I just accidentally found that if I press "ctrl-up/down-arrow", I can scroll up/down without it jumping all over the place (as in Google Chrome [and others?]).

Of course, this is not with the mouse, hence may not be a proper workaround, but some it may be sufficient.

Nevertheless, just 0.02€.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive a fairly old topic, but this is still a problem for me. Using UltraNav drivers on a Thinkpad X220 running Windows 8 (this was also an issue in Windows 7). The scrolling with the Trackpoint is fairly inaccurate, but is compensated with smaller lines of scrolling. However, with Evernote, too many lines are scrolled, and it's very disorienting. 
I'm coming back here because at some point in the past month, ctrl+up/down arrow does not work anymore. I've been away for a month and haven't used EN on my computer, so I assume something happened between that time. The original poster posted this a year and a half ago; it's frustrating it's still behaving the same way. 

• 6 months later...

10 months since a Support Request was raised on this "Known Problem" and nothing done to fix it?!?!?!  Shocking, or should I say par for the recent course of events.  I too have this problem.  Tried the Ctrl up/down arrow and that works better; only 2.5 lines instead of 11.5!  My mouse works fine in all other applications.  It's just Evernote!  Between the "Not Responding" issue and usability issues like this Evernote has taken a once bright spot to a stain in about a year.

• Level 5*

10 months since a Support Request was raised on this "Known Problem" and nothing done to fix it?!?!?!  Shocking, or should I say par for the recent course of events.  I too have this problem.  Tried the Ctrl up/down arrow and that works better; only 2.5 lines instead of 11.5!  My mouse works fine in all other applications.  It's just Evernote!  Between the "Not Responding" issue and usability issues like this Evernote has taken a once bright spot to a stain in about a year.

Sorry to hear that you're (still?) having problems.  Have you raised a support ticket? If you have and can post the number here maybe we can get someone to have a look at this...

• Level 5*

Sorry to hear that you're (still?) having problems.  Have you raised a support ticket? If you have and can post the number here maybe we can get someone to have a look at this...

Gaz, you need to put on your glasses!  LOL

• Level 5*

Was wearing the glasses - need 'em to see the screen;  didn't know whether "support request" meant "posted in the forum" or "got a number".  We can maybe help if there's a number around...

I opened Ticket# 138099 in Sept 2013 and was told to upgrade to version 5 on Windows. I did that and reported back that the problem is still there. I was then told they "have opened a bug ticket for our QA team to review and fix for future updates." That was the last thing I heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the flag. I did some bug diving and it looks like we've reported at various times and with every report, have had problems reproducing this over the years--hence the inability to resolve what is likely a edge case bug for our Windows 7 client. Will reopen--we're also working on better feedback mechanisms for reported bugs.

Let me understand this.  You've known about this problem for "YEARS"!!!!!  You in your ivory tower have been unable to reproduce and that of course means it's not a problem hence the reason you have Closed out all those tickets without a resolution?  Is that what I'm hearing?  After 10 days from the previous post the best you can do is acknowledge an issue and claim it is "edge case bug for our Windows 7 client". 

Seems like you feel you have done enough to close out this issue and go about your business whatever that is, and to hell with the people who still have the issue.  Well thanks for your concern.

Not sure why I feel like I've been abused with a red hot poker.  This is the attitude we have come to expect from Evernote. 

There's no ivory towers here, just grinding away at developing better products. Support evaluates every bug we receive, sends along to our QA teams, who do the same. If (as you can see, this thread has been going on for almost 2 years) we are unable to reproduce or get enough information from users on the bug, then that bug loses priority to other issues that may be impacting other groups of users with bugs that are readily identifiable. It's a question of resources and of available information to actually direct those resources towards a fix, and not a judgement call on an individual issue or value of a customer.

That said, I understand this is an ongoing issue and as mentioned above I'm checking into it--including reupping the bug for our team to evaluate. If there's any additional information anyone can provide beyond the scroll wheel jumping (environment: is it within a note, in the main snippet view--device information: EN version number (latest?) and OS) that information is always helpful. I'll send a follow up to Russ' ticket as well.

• Level 5*

Let me understand this.  You've known about this problem for "YEARS"!!!!!  You in your ivory tower have been unable to reproduce and that of course means it's not a problem hence the reason you have Closed out all those tickets without a resolution?  

MLeitch1,

I understand your frustration -- I've been in a similar position.  While I think Evernote can, and should, do much better in bug prevention and resolution, I doubt that they are in any kind of "ivory tower".

Most likely, the underlying cause for this issue is Windows.  Windows has a long history of creating/allowing device conflicts.  But that's just a guess on my part.

IAC, Evernote, like all developers, must prioritize the bugs that are reported.  Frankly, if a bug does not have a significant impact on the software operation, is not reproducible, and is only reported by very few users, then it will, and should, receive a low priority.  

Evernote, IMO, had two failures in this case:

1. Poor communications with the user(s) who reported the issue
  2. Closing the case prematurely.

But you can't fix a problem that you can't reproduce.  Perhaps you could help here:

• Have you provided Evernote with very detailed steps to reproduce your problem?
  • Have you provide Evernote with the details of your environment?
  • Have you answered all their questions?

Finally, GBarry (Evernote) is on your side.  He didn't have to do what he did.  He could have just said it's an un-reproducable report, and let it at that.

But he is taking action to dig into the issue further.  At least give him credit for that.

JMichael,

Please don't make excuses for bad support.  Clearly you have succombed to no resolution as being an acceptable answer.  Anyone can come on here and post that they will reopen a case, but the history is not good on this one.  He didn't say he would "dig into the issue further".  He said he would "reopen" and that is lowest possible denominator of an answer.  Actions speak louder than words and I don't see a single suggestion in his post as to how it can be fixed.  No mention of a request for further information to help him get to the source of the problem or for that matter any serious inference that he would follow through.  Those are the facts.

• Level 5*

JMichael,

Please don't make excuses for bad support.  Clearly you have succombed to no resolution as being an acceptable answer. 

MLeitch1, your assertion is incorrect.  Please re-read my post.  I called out two specific failures on the part of Evernote.

Perhaps you don't know GBarry.  He is generally an advocate of Evernote users.  Having his attention on this issue is a giant step to getting it resolved.  But you need to be a bit patient and give him some time to work the Evernote system.

...If there's any additional information anyone can provide beyond the scroll wheel jumping (environment: is it within a note, in the main snippet view--device information: EN version number (latest?) and OS) that information is always helpful. I'll send a follow up to Russ' ticket as well.

Additional information:

I just installed the latest Evernote for Windows update (Evernote 5.4.0.3698 (271698) Public). My system is Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit, Dell Latitude E6410 laptop, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5 M560 CPU.

My mouse is a Logitech M510 mouse. Firmware version: 023.001.00016. In Control Panel, Mouse properties, Wheel tab, the Vertical Scrolling is set to 10 lines at a time.

For me, the problem occurs in the note window after opening the note. Using the mouse wheel, the page scrolls more than a page at a time. This behavior is only in Evernote. Scrolling with the mouse wheel works fine in every other app. 

If there is any additional information needed for you to figure out how to reproduce this problem, please let me know. 

Are there any patterns w/ the notes (eg. amount of characters, types of attachments, web clips, etc.)? Or is it every open note?

It occurs in every open note that has more than 2 screens worth of text.

Using the New Note button on the toolbar, I just created a test note with 60 lines as follows:

line 01

line 02

line 03

line 60

When I finished editing and opened the note, my open note window is sized so that line 01 is at the top and line 24 is at the bottom. Scrolling down one notch on the scroll wheel scrolls all the way to the bottom of the note so that line 34 is at the top and line 60 is at the bottom. Scrolling up one notch goes back to line 01 at the to and line 24 at the bottom.

I copied and pasted these 60 lines of text into a new note and noticed that while still editing in the note pane (the bottom pane of the main window), the scroll bug shows up there as well. One scroll notch down goes to the bottom, and one scroll notch up goes to the top. However, if I click outside the edit pane to the list of notes in the pane at the top, and then click back into the note pane at the bottom, now scrolling is working correctly. If I then double click the note in the list of notes in the top pane so that the cursor is now in the open note in its own windows, the scroll problem is back.

Hope that helps.

Russ

Hello - I have the mouse wheel notch problem also.

-- Win7 OS, Control Panel is set to scroll 3 lines per notch
-- Evernote scrolls 12 lines per notch
-- It happens with any note over a page (anywhere wheel scrolling is active), including a new note with a plain text series of rows Line1, Line2, etc.  
-- I've submitted a support request

• 2 weeks later...

Please resolve this issue.  I have been frustrated by it all year to the point of relocating many of my longer notes into the Zotero database.

Wheel jumps 28 lines of text.  If you depress the wheel and pull down, it is smoother, but still jerky. 

Thanks for the CTRL Up and Down tip, but I need a mouse solution, as I have 2000 academic notes of hugely variable length.

Regards, Tom

The same issue, though in a smaller scale.

Windows 7 x64, Logitech VX Nano, latest version of Evernote.

System settings are set to scroll 3 strings per one move, Evernote makes 6 strings in main window view and 12 strings in note view. All other applications have no problem.

Also submitted a support request.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. In desktop application on windows 7 64bit newest version jumps up or down 4 lines in a note when my scroll setting is set to 1 line in windows 7 OS settings. If set to 8 lines it will move by 32 lines up or down. Pretty much makes navigating notes more than one screen a nightmare. Scroll works correctly in chrome, in word, in notepad, etc. Working with logitech anywhere mouse. Please look into this further!

• Level 5*

It seems that it may be difficult to reproduce this particular problem: I don't have it on my machine for example. I know enough about programming to know that if you are not able to reproduce a bug it makes it very hard to squash it.

Evernote, would it be possible to have a page set up for non-reproducible bugs so that we can see what you are having difficulties with. Anyone who is having the non-reproducible issue would be able to submit a bug report and/or add more information to the page, so that you start to get a picture of what might be happening? You would be able to report that a problem has been identified and a solution is being developed (eg, the horizontal shortcut bar is not working as advertised), without necessarily giving a time-frame for when that might be delivered.

Just trying to tap into the wealth of computing power in Evernote beta testers.

It seems that it may be difficult to reproduce this particular problem: I don't have it on my machine for example....

I'd be curious to know what your particular configuration is (Windows version, mouse model, mouse driver, etc) since I haven't heard the details for a system that doesn't manifest this bug.

• Level 5*

Not difficult to reproduce at all.  I don't have that many long text notes, so I followed the path of RussP41 and created a 60+ line text note.  With wheel set to 1 the screen jumps 4 lines, every time whether in the note area of list or snippet views, or in a stand alone note window.. I use a Logitech M510 mouse with Windows 7.  Took me less than 5 minutes to verify the error.  That doesn't fix it for sure, and it may be a edge case bug (whatever speak that may be), but I might ask QA if they ever created a note to test the problem.  Sorry. couldn't help myself.   :)

• 2 months later...

I found this problem when I installed Evernote more than 2 year ago. There is no solution what so ever so I uninstall Evernote because I can not

believe that an application that is designed for note taking can not provide such a simple function which is available for any note taking programs.

I will not use Evernote again until this problem is fixed, period.

• 2 months later...

This is still a problem for me, and I am running latest Evernote client on Windows XP SP3. Not just Win7! Very jarring, because I am accustomed to using mouse wheel scrolling for everything, and it works fine everythwhere else.

I am using no custom mouse software or drivers or settings--simply built-in Windows driver for PS2 mouse.

This thread was started 2.5 YEARS ago and still complete and utter apathy from Evernote! 

"We kicked off a company-wide effort to improve quality a couple of months ago." - Evernote CEO, Jan 4th, 2014 in an article titled "On Software Quality and Building a Better Evernote in 2014".  Either he doesn't know what is going on at his own company or he has been deceiving us all.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this problem on Evernote Desktop Windows, v5.8.3.6507.  In everything else, mouse wheel up/down is about 2.5 to 3 lines (press "down" key on keyboard 2-3 times).  In evernote, it's about 13 lines.  Quite a jump.  It'd be very nice if evernote treated mouse wheel scrolls like other apps on windows.  I'll file a support request as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna post a similar experience I had which I found a fix for which, while not directly related to Evernote, may still help indirectly because the dynamics are similar.

My problem was the same as you guys except it was happening in my browser (Firefox). Other people were complaining online as well: vertical scroll set to (let's say) 3 lines in Control Panel, yet would scroll 6 lines… or 15… or wtv… in Firefox. And the support staff at Mozilla wasn't hitting the nail on the head in terms of their assistance to others, but reading through the replies did manage to help me by giving me the right area within Firefox's configuration settings in which to experiment. For those who don't use it, one can type about:config up in Firefox's address bar (where the URL usually appears) and one will be presented with a veritable onslaught of settings… hundreds and hundreds.

Long story a bit shorter, I managed to fix my problem simply by changing one key value—a Boolean—from true to false. In Firefox the exact setting was this:

mousewheel.system_scroll_override_on_root_content.enabled                  default        boolean      true

…which once changed looked like this:

mousewheel.system_scroll_override_on_root_content.enabled                  user set      boolean      false

Look at the name of that setting: it's basically a saying "under such and such conditions, should Firefox override the system-wide setting the user has for his mouse's scroll wheel?" I wasn't sure what was meant by "root content", but no matter—I changed it false. I was basically telling the app "no, don't override that setting under any conditions". And it worked: setting vertical scroll to 3 in Control Panel now really meant 3 in Firefox, not 6 or 15 or anything else (how Firefox would know what to change it to, i.e. how much to alter the system wide value when the above is left at true, would undoubtedly be specified in one or more other variables within about:config).

In Firefox, most users know they have Options under the Tools menu, but not every user (in fact it's the minority of users) knows he has access to hundreds of other settings which can be accessed by typing about:config in the address bar, and, most importantly, not every member of Mozilla's help staff knows every single one of those settings inside out. That said… I don't know Evernote, and don't know what settings you have access to, or if the developers of that app made it possible to access more advanced settings… but if they are there somewhere, I'm willing to bet the problem you guys are facing can be fixed through them, either by experimenting with them yourselves or, if that's not feasible, with the aid of a company rep who knows his stuff.

Hope this helps, even if only a little bit. Maybe serve as inspiration. :rolleyes::P

• 1 month later...

Infuriating problem. 

If you use Autohotkey you can add this to a script as a semi workaround. 

#IFwinActive ahk_class ENMainFrame
WheelUp::
Loop 3,
Send {up}
Return
WheelDown::
Loop 3,
Send {down}
return

What this does is check to see if Evernote is the active window. If it is then using the mouse wheel will override the crappy scroll implementation and instead send up arrow or down arrow commands to the window. If you aren't programmer savvy just change the number after the Loop command. This is your "lines per scroll tick" 

Cheers

Infuriating problem. 

---- 8< 8< 8< ---- (SNIP SNIP)

Fantastic idea, Timmymayes, to have  AHK deal with it!

Why didn't I think of that!

I made a variation that sends "ctrl-up|down" to deal with it instead of moving the cursor. At least on Windows 7, this works perfect, and both in the main windows and for open notes:

GroupAdd, EverNote, ahk_class ENMainFrame
GroupAdd, EverNote, ahk_class ENSingleNoteView
#IfWinActive ahk_group EverNote
{
  Loop 1,
    Send {Ctrl down}{up}{Ctrl up}
  return

Loop 1,
    Send {Ctrl down}{down}{Ctrl up}
  return
}
; This one is necessary:
#IfWinActive 

Just my 0.02€ :)

Martin

Infuriating problem. 

---- 8< 8< 8< ---- (SNIP SNIP)

Fantastic idea, Timmymayes, to have  AHK deal with it!

Why didn't I think of that!

I made a variation that sends "ctrl-up|down" to deal with it instead of moving the cursor. At least on Windows 7, this works perfect, and both in the main windows and for open notes:

GroupAdd, EverNote, ahk_class ENMainFrame
GroupAdd, EverNote, ahk_class ENSingleNoteView
#IfWinActive ahk_group EverNote
{
  Loop 1,
    Send {Ctrl down}{up}{Ctrl up}
  return

Loop 1,
    Send {Ctrl down}{down}{Ctrl up}
  return
}
; This one is necessary:
#IfWinActive 

Just my 0.02€ :)

Martin

And for those who want to try, AutoHotKey can actually compile a standalone executable with the above script (and only that):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_AK8z44JaW4Vjh0eDIyY2RWU1E/view?usp=sharing

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. Logitech mouse, Win 7. I'm mostly a Mac user, and it works fine on Mac. Not Win. Jumps about half page with each notch of the scroll wheel. I submitted a ticket. I notice that this is a known issue for a couple years at least. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem on Windows 8.1 and it has existed ever since I've used Evernote (several years).

It looks the issue is that when scrolling with the mouse wheel, Evernote will always scroll the same amount in absolute terms (about 200px). This means if you're using 10pt Courier New it will scroll about 13 lines per scroll click. Whereas if you use 48pt it will only scroll about 2 lines.

However Window's vertical scroll setting (found in Mouse Properties in Control Panel) also affects Evernote. If the setting is set to 1 instead of 3, the distance decreases to about 75px, or about 4 lines at 10pt.

On a related note, why is the framerate when auto-scrolling a note so low?

• 3 weeks later...

A little workaround if I may suggest it:

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

Download KatMouse, which allows you to override *per application* the system's amount of lines per wheel notch. I have my system scroll lines set to 5, but I override evernote.exe to just 1.

It's a very unintrusive application that you can even hide from the notifications area. No substitute for a fix from Evernote, but it does make the problem a little more managable until the people at Evernote realise it's really a problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there, it's the new year and here I am to report the same issue on my Windows 10. I'm coming from OneNote, which has a smooooooooooooooooth scrolling but its Android app lacks the ability to search for text within my notes (which is a big issue for me) so I'm checking Evernote out.

Version is 5.9.6.9494 and my mouse scrolls around 3 times the setting I select in my mouse options. So i brought it down to "1 line" per scroll, but it makes my whole PC a pain to scroll. The "About" page scrolls just fine, so the problem is just within the notes themselves. Would be great to make this Evernote more usable (also text selection is pretty slow), maybe not necessary to have the supersmooth scrolling that can be found in OneNote, still make it not jump several lines as to lose where you are in your document.

No big deal, though: if someone doesn't feel in any way satisfied with this product there are plenty of options out there (I'll just go back to OneNote and live without the text search, but at least I won't lose myself within my notes and I'll have offline notes for free). To Evernote, my €19,90 is worth almost nothing (I'd pay it for the offline notes), so everyone will be happy whether I use Evernote or OneNote :)

• 1 month later...

I also have this issue. It's just terrible. I love Evernote, but this is just pure pain. Have a Lenovo t420s. Doesn't jump all the way to the end, but a note of about 1 A4 is basically split up in 3 parts: each scroll taking me 1/3 of the page. Don't have this problem in any other application. Really makes me think about switching to another product because it's a pain to read notes...

I really hope you could fix this!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

This is one of those 'simple' fixes that presumably isn't,  otherwise it would have been done by now.  Best advice - submit a bug report - if you come across the issue.  The more reports they receive,  the more information about OS and hardware affected the team will have.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone is able to provide a (non-activated) VM with Windows and Evernote running which has this problem? Then someone at Evernote could look directly... 

I have the same problem with my office PC, but not with my home PC (both of them are running Windows 7 and the latest version of EN).

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem, but i cannot submit a ticket. it does not allow me to somehow. http://screenshot.sh/m7ORosxwHybL0 i see link to ask on forum instead or to upgrade account. Are you so greedy that we can't submit error unless we are paying? Tried ie, edge, firefox and opera. Still cannot submit ticket. Also the "Upgrade" button the one on the right under upgrade for support does not work, the one on left does. Being here for few minutes and i see only bugs. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Ifridius said:

I have the same problem, but i cannot submit a ticket. it does not allow me to somehow. http://screenshot.sh/m7ORosxwHybL0 i see link to ask on forum instead or to upgrade account. Are you so greedy that we can't submit error unless we are paying? Tried ie, edge, firefox and opera. Still cannot submit ticket. Also the "Upgrade" button the one on the right under upgrade for support does not work, the one on left does. Being here for few minutes and i see only bugs. 

Try @EvernoteHelps on Twitter

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Ifridius said:

Are you so greedy that we can't submit error unless we are paying?

Are you so greedy that you expect them to direct support you even though you're not paying? Support costs money, you know. You've been here, as you say, a few minutes, and you're already throwing rocks?

Fortunately, as it happens, posting here counts as an bug submission (they read all posts), as does the Twitter thingie gazumped pointed out. And others have reported it, obviously, so you're covered there anyways. But yes, official support is for paying customers, unless one of the strolling staff members decides to pick up your cause, which does happen now and again.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Are you so greedy that you expect them to direct support you even though you're not paying? Support costs money, you know. You've been here, as you say, a few minutes, and you're already throwing rocks?

Fortunately, as it happens, posting here counts as an bug submission (they read all posts), as does the Twitter thingie gazumped pointed out. And others have reported it, obviously, so you're covered there anyways. But yes, official support is for paying customers, unless one of the strolling staff members decides to pick up your cause, which does happen now and again.

Lol, no other services/program wants to take money for support! It is not being greedy specially that i just started to use it. I would pay it, but not now since i know they are greedy. You are just a fanboy, you know where i have your opinion. I am not throwing rocks, i stated fact, it is a fact that they are greedy they want money for support, something no one does. It is just that they can't provide normal services, so thay take money for that. At least bug submision should be free!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/7/2015 at 9:51 AM, Macho Grande said:

A little workaround if I may suggest it:

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

Download KatMouse, which allows you to override *per application* the system's amount of lines per wheel notch. I have my system scroll lines set to 5, but I override evernote.exe to just 1.

It's a very unintrusive application that you can even hide from the notifications area. No substitute for a fix from Evernote, but it does make the problem a little more managable until the people at Evernote realise it's really a problem.

Windows 7 user here experiencing the same issue with my Lenovo M705 Mouse (on "3" Evernote jumps about 9 lines), but I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent suggestion. I still hope Evernote will finally come up with a solution for this long-time issue, but in the meantime this is a perfectly functional and painless workaround.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised-not-surprised that this is still an issue 5 years after the OP's original request for help. Disappointed-yes-disappointed.

One thing to add to this thread is that my recollection is that this jumping-lines-behavior was preferred over an even more annoying scrolling behavior exclusive to Evernote's then-desktop client that was trying too hard to be slick. And I think this problem goes back even further to 2010—although I can't be sure because of my challenges recalling past time intervals— when I was a luckless Palm fangirl interacting with Evernote execs during the webOS weeks.

As others in this thread have noted repeatedly, the problem is solely with Evernote, as the entire rest of my computer system behaves as I expect it to. Further, still, this has been the same behavior with my Windows XP machines and my current Windows 8.1 laptop. (yes, I'm a proud Luddite ~ winks)

Reporting, then, that the KatMouse workaround also worked for me, too in August of 2017. Evernote is finally functional enough that not only may I start using the Windows client more, but that buying Evernote Premium is once again appealing.

I may very well give @EvernoteHelps a shot as Twitter often nets surprising results

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Meribor said:

Surprised-not-surprised that this is still an issue 5 years after the OP's original request for help.

Hi.  A resounding silence for the past 2 years would seem to suggest that the issue either went away,  or wasn't exactly a high priority...  let us know what you hear from Support!

• 1 month later...

Hello, i have the same problem but i do not use evernote. my mouse jumps 13 line on each click in chrome, open office, keep etc. i have tried the standard fixes but none work. This problem is outside the normal controls. I found your issue trying to fix my problem. Consequently, i believe it is a Microsoft problem. just thought you would like to know. i have 50 years in computers and have not experienced this before.  i am sorry you have struggled so long. maybe they will realize how frustrating working on an issue that you cannot reproduce is. and now to find out the bug is in the operating system, not your software.  happy thoughts!!!*--

• 1 month later...

Archived