REQUEST: Ability to set 'Tab' size

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another +1 here. I use it a lot for code snippets, and I use tab spacing of 4, not 5.

Similar here. Used to tab spacing of 4, and sometimes even 8. It is very annoying to have to fix it manually everytime. Please let it be an option for users. Windows version as well.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Count me in as well.

However, adding a configurable amount of spaces is nice, but if going this way, why not make it configurable to use "real tabs" (of configurable size) as well instead of spaces.

Disadvantage of spaces is that their width changes with fonts.

Regards,

Rob.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could use this feature too.  Both for code and when adding existing documents that use different tab spacing (I always use 4).

@Rob Van Erd For code one always uses a monospaced font, like Courier (thank you Evernote for making this font available), so using spaces instead of tabs is not an issue.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Yes me too - it is annoying that in lists the tab feature moves a number of spaces rather than to a preset tab location making the note messy

Generally, I use indent / outdent to do this sort of stuff. I thought that the Mac editor had them (I'm on Windows). 

• Level 5*

According to the Knowledge Base article here, indent and outdent are supported using the following shortcuts:

⇧ ⌘ ]   Indent Selected Text

⇧ ⌘ ]   Outdent Selected Text

They are on the note toolbar in Windows, but I don't see them in the toolbar shown in the Mac Getting Started guide (http://evernote.com/evernote/guide/mac/#3)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tabs in evernote (Mac) should be no different than Tabs anywhere else in the OS. This has produced a world of hurt for me trying to bring in text docs and having alignment all out of way, or composing in Evernote and taking it into textedit and having things wacky there too.

Please fix this madness.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived