(Archived) unsaved notes folder

gazumped

• Level 5*

I'm having an unrelated problem with my phone and happened to be looking for memory content I could clear today - came across an unsaved_notes folder in my pictures folder which has 226 pics in it. Some show as empty icons and -1x-1 size but around half are pics that I remember taking for previous notes.

I have never seen connection problem or an option to sync previously unsaved notes - is it a designed behaviour that aborted syncs are saved in this folder? There's no note text to go with them.

Any thoughts?

• 1 year later...

I'm finding half a gigabyte in the Android unsaved notes folder.  The few items I have checked are indeed part of saved notes.  Why do I have all this space taken up here?  Can I safely delete it all, or should I expect things here that never synced?

• Level 5*

Huh - my post on this was a year ago and I still have that folder!  (Actually,  come to think of it I may not - my phone died in the meantime...) 

I'll see if I can find anything - meantime you might want to raise a support ticket (see below) to get an 'official' answer.

I'm finding half a gigabyte in the Android unsaved notes folder.  The few items I have checked are indeed part of saved notes.  Why do I have all this space taken up here?  Can I safely delete it all, or should I expect things here that never synced?

My unsaved notes folder is empty.  Is your reported note count the same between the web/desktop and Android versions?

Archived