(Archived) Default notebook not consistent

I notice that when I scan in from my snapscan into evernote that the pdf''/notes don't go into my !inbox default notebook that I've set up. I've checked this out making sure it is selected as the default notebook and yet sometimes doesnt go into it.

Can anyone tell me what my be the problem here? Kinda frustrating as I think my inbox is cleared but then I notice the notes went into @notes notebook which serve as a "processed" or "archived" folder.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Also a scansnap user, but I can't find an option to change folders or to specify anything other than the default in ScanSnap Manager. Import Folders can select different folders - is it possible you're saving to your hard drive and allowing Evernote to import files from one or more import folders?

• 7 months later...

This is my experience also, but it seems to be a problem with the evernote client in general, particularly the Windows client (Mac people, from what I read, are fine). The apparent behavior is to create a new note in whatever notebook seems to be up and to ignore the "default notebook" setting.

• Level 5*

@us_tamils - I haven't found there to be a generic problem with creating new notes in Windows folders. How are you adding a new note? By most manual methods you have a drop-down choice of folders, and with an Import Folder you specify which folder receives new notes. If you use email you can specify not only to which notebook a note is added, but what tags to apply. I've never yet had notes go into an incorrect folder unless I simply wasn't paying attention at some point in the process..

I'm specifically refering to creating new notes with my Scanner and some clippers. If I create a note through the GUI, I expect a new folder to go in whichever folder I've chosen to work in. That makes sense. It's the non-GUI creation of notes that is the problem. In that instance, I would expect the "default notebook" setting to be honored. And it isn't.

• Level 5*

Hmmn. I accept what you say, of course; but if I clip with the Outlook or Firefox add-ins I get an option to choose which notebook to add the clip to (I disabled the FF one) but both come up with the default notebook as the default option. With Clearly I can't remember whether I had the option at one stage - if I did it's disabled now. But again clips go to my default notebook. As far as scanning is concerned I scan to a folder, edit as necessary, then use Import folders to assign the content to relevant notebooks. I seem to have lucked into not having a problem getting notes into relevant notebooks. I'll have more of a play with this and see whether I can define more closely how that happens...

An Evernote dev just told me in another thread that the problem has been recognized and the fix is being included in a soon-to-be-released pre-release (if that makes sense).

From here:

This should be addressed in the latest pre-release build, 4.6.2 RC It should make the next public release. We've changed the global shortcut (the one activated by the Tray icon) to always go to the default notebook

Archived