(Archived) Freeze Screen During Snapshot

I tried searching for this, but I didn't have any luck.

How can I have Skitch freeze the screen during a snapshot? I'm having trouble capturing a sub-menu screen capture because I lose the sub-menu by having to drag the snapshot window on a live screen.

Thanks!

I tried searching for this, but I didn't have any luck.

How can I have Skitch freeze the screen during a snapshot? I'm having trouble capturing a sub-menu screen capture because I lose the sub-menu by having to drag the snapshot window on a live screen.

Thanks!

You can't, the only program that will do That is either Jing or SnagIt. But SnagIt is Shareware and lacks the Drag feature in Skitch.

Hi,

You might consider using the timed screenshot feature — if you hold down the Shift key when you commence dragging out your snap area, skitch will count down 3…2…1 which should give you time to select your menu of choice. We're looking into some more intuitive ways of doing this. :)

Hi,

You might consider using the timed screenshot feature — if you hold down the Shift key when you commence dragging out your snap area, skitch will count down 3…2…1 which should give you time to select your menu of choice. We're looking into some more intuitive ways of doing this. :)

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Thanks. I suppose I am expecting the same behaviour as SnagIt in a way.

• 6 months later...

Archived