(Archived) Feature Request: Cut and move

deverill

I love Skitch! The only thing I really wish it had was the ability to select a section of an image and drag it elsewhere. I realize there could be issues with what to leave behind in it's place but I'm getting tired of my boss with Snagit on his Windows machine snapping a screen and moving things around when I can't do it with Skitch! :)

I do think it would be a great feature for mock-ups or communicating desired changes to coworkers.

Thanks!

I love Skitch! The only thing I really wish it had was the ability to select a section of an image and drag it elsewhere. I realize there could be issues with what to leave behind in it's place but I'm getting tired of my boss with Snagit on his Windows machine snapping a screen and moving things around when I can't do it with Skitch! :)

I do think it would be a great feature for mock-ups or communicating desired changes to coworkers.

Thanks!

You do know They make a SnagIt version for Mac.

Snagit has a disadvantage in that there no way to Drag a copy from the Window like you can in Skitch.

Skitch has the disadvantage you mention.

Plus you can't make shot of a menu and submenu as deep as there is sub menus like Snagit.

Now that evernote owns it, if you create snapshots Like I do for Forums I answer questions on you would eat up the 2GB free limit on Evernote. The most realistic limit is 5GB and that is 60 bucks a year.

On the Skitch server which they are determined to shut down there is not limit size, just a limit on time on the server.

So Have both Skitch, and Snagit, I also have Jing (which also creates movies) , and a movie clip creator/editor called Camtasia. So I end up with several to overcome deficiencies of all.

The ideal program would be (even if it was for pay program) have screen shots with ability to take screenshot of menu items as far as deep as the menu choices goes.

Create and edit screenshot movies with ability edit, and be able to Drag from window into whatever email window or Forum windows

Archived