(Archived) How to change password on droid app? (EN 4.0.1)

Leo Tohill

I changed my password on the web site and now my droid won't sync. I assume I need to change my pw on the droid device as well, but I can't find where to do it.

I'm running evernote 4.0.1 there. When I choose Account Info, the Account and Account status choices are disabled.

What to do?

If you changed your password on the web site you do not need to change it anywhere else. Please sign out of your Android client then sign in again with the new password and you should be able to sync again.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this too. Signing out and in again is a second-best solution because when you sign out it deletes your locally synced data and when you sign back in it has to re-download all the data, which causes a delay in accessing the data and is also unnecessary additional data on the plan if you're using the cellular data service. I'd prefer it if, on an failed authentication in the Android app, it gave you a dialog box to re-enter your password, or if there was an option under "settings" to update your password.

I just came across this too. Signing out and in again is a second-best solution because when you sign out it deletes your locally synced data and when you sign back in it has to re-download all the data, which causes a delay in accessing the data and is also unnecessary additional data on the plan if you're using the cellular data service. I'd prefer it if, on an failed authentication in the Android app, it gave you a dialog box to re-enter your password, or if there was an option under "settings" to update your password.

Update: I just realised that if you tap on the "failed authentication" notification, it does give you that dialog box. I hadn't done this because most other Evernote notifications don't do anything much useful if you tap on them so I've been trained not to do anything with them. I like that you can get to the dialog box somewhere, but it would be good if you could get to it through the main app interface as well as through the notification -- notifications are fragile and could be cleared accidentally, after all.

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem but nothing happens when I tap on "Last sync failed at:..." on my Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't want to sign out and in again and lose notes that are not synced yet from android.

Update: I just realised that if you tap on the "failed authentication" notification, it does give you that dialog box. I hadn't done this because most other Evernote notifications don't do anything much useful if you tap on them so I've been trained not to do anything with them. I like that you can get to the dialog box somewhere, but it would be good if you could get to it through the main app interface as well as through the notification -- notifications are fragile and could be cleared accidentally, after all.

I have the same problem but nothing happens when I tap on "Last sync failed at:..." on my Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't want to sign out and in again and lose notes that are not synced yet from android.

Also have a "Last synch failed on Droid with no opportunity to reset it.  I really would not like to loose notes that have not been synched yet.

SOLUTION! It's easy. All you have to do is update your app, on the Market. Then, the Tap on "failed authentication" notification works, giving to you the possibility of enter the new password. And you will no loose your local, not synchronized data. The problem is solved in newer versions!

Hope this help you.

Bye bye!

Anyone find an answer to this?

I keep being told my password has expired, and that I need to reset.

I reset on the web, all fine online, but Android does not give me any option to enter the new password, it keeps telling me the password is expired, and I need to change.

I have updated the app on market: did not solve my problem....

Why on earth should I have to sign out, and have to re-sync all my offline data just because the frigging password changed!!!

This is so fundamental and SO annoying.  Wondering why I am a premium user right now....

• Level 5*

Anyone find an answer to this?

You've now posted the same message in three separate topics. A suggestion was made for you in one of the other topics. Did it work?

Archived