Create "Favourite" or "Sticky" note

I'm sure something like this existed in EN before, but if it did (and it's still there) I can't find it!

I'm starting to use EN as my task list and I'd like to tell EN for iPhone and iPad to open this note by default when I start the application, or at least have it available with the minimal number of taps (1 hopefully!).

Currently, if I'm looking at another note, I need to:

• Tap Notebooks
  • Tap the relevant Notebook
  • Tap the Note

Not a huge number of taps, I know, but when you're doing it multiple times daily...

The "Quick Launch" on the Windows client (where you can drag a Tag, Notebook, Note etc), works a treat and is exactly what I'm after. This provides exactly the one-click access I'm looking for.

So please include something similar for iOS (and the rest of the mobile clients) :)

Here's something you could try, at least on the Mac client. Create a tag, called "Task List" (or whatever suits you). Drag that tag from the tag list to the Favorites bar. Don't use the tag on any other note other than your task list. One click on the tag name in the Favorites bar will bring up the note.

Or, heck, just drag your task list note itself to the favorites bar. That also gives one-click access.

It's not exactly what you want, true. But it's as close as we're getting for now (until the mythical Evernote to-do app surfaces...? a guy can dream).

Yeah, I know.

I think what I would try for iOS is to have a tag that sorts automatically to the top of the tag list in iOS. Something like:

#tasklist

Then you tap on Tags > #tasklist > note that contains your tasks.

Best we can do, I think.

There is actually a Favorites feature on the iPhone app. Just click the star icon in the note title, and the note is readily available from the Favorites "notebook" - which isn't really a notebook only listed with them, also it doesn't sync.

Unfortunately, this feature has been deemed a "legacy" feature by the developers so it is not as useful as it could be seeing as the Favorites notebook is not so readily available - unless you only use few notebooks - as it can only be accessed at the bottom of the notebooks list.

I am politely reminding the hard working iOS developers with every new release, hoping it'll inspire them to fix the feature. Or kill it.

Something similar to favorites bar (which is available on the desktop) would be useful.

I mean why add only Favorite notes when you can have Favorite notes but then also Tags, Notebooks, Searches in addition to that.

Also this would add more fetaure parity between platforms instead of having different features on different platforms.

If you usually have your notes sorted by Creation Date, you can use the Win/Mac client to give that note a creation date which lies far in the future, like 2020. That way, that note is always topmost in the "All Notes" view. That's 2 taps to open the note (3 if you start out from within another note).

• 1 year later...

Maybe something better has come along since the last post in this thread. I don't use reminders in Evernote but I do when I want a sticky at the top of the note list in an notebook. I often want a table of contents in a notebook. I create the TOC note, then I click "Reminder". It puts it in the reminder list at the top. Easy clicking. 

• 9 months later...

EN is somewhat frustrating. I'm trying to use it and be all modern-age, but it's baffling that I can't make a note 'sticky' (Wordpress-speak) at all, or preferrablly within a Notebook.  I've tried using the Shortcuts area, and it sort of does put it open on the right-hand side, but I don't notice that because my eye is looking at the note list (which I can't seem to hide) and it's still way down the list, so I get stuck on that rather than realizing my note is open on the right.

Archived