(Archived) QUESTION: Firefox clipper vs. Chrome clipper

mkraft77

From what I’ve seen, the majority of users who have commented about the Evernote Web Clipper for Firefox don't appear to be particularly enthusiastic about it.

Is the version for Chrome considered to be better?

Some have done side by sides and they'll probably weigh in. I haven't, but I love the FF clipper as long as it's set to clip to the client and not the web (FF>tools>add-ons>extensions>Evernote clipper>preferences). The content and how it's rendered in the browser makes a difference too so a problem isn't always a result of the clipper. Over time I learned when to only hit the clip icon vs select then clip vs copy and paste. It seems most people use the clipper associated with their browser of choice not the other way around. I used to have Chrome on standby for any clipping issues with FF but found I never needed it.

Let's all just pray that the Chrome and FF add on's don't go the way of Safari and not allow us to clip to the client.

• Level 5*

As nova47 suggests, I use the FF clipper because I have chosen to use FF in general, rather than Chrome or Safari.

Recently I have used EN Clearly for FF to both read the article, and do the clipping for much of my web clipping.

I also would prefer to clip directly to the EN Mac app, but clipping to the Web allows me to add comments at the top of the clipped text.

Many times I am unable to insert plain text at the top when I have clipped directly to the EN Mac app.

As nova47 suggests, I use the FF clipper because I have chosen to use FF in general, rather than Chrome or Safari.

Recently I have used EN Clearly for FF to both read the article, and do the clipping for much of my web clipping.

I also would prefer to clip directly to the EN Mac app, but clipping to the Web allows me to add comments at the top of the clipped text.

Many times I am unable to insert plain text at the top when I have clipped directly to the EN Mac app.

Thanks. So you don't experience problems clipping to the web version of Web Clipper -- or did you mean that you just don't use the Web Clipper at all to do that anymore (you use Clearly instead)?

Isn't Clearly only for mobile devices?

Also, why can't you add comments when using the Mac app version of EN? Is that a known bug in the client version?

• Level 5*

Thanks. So you don't experience problems clipping to the web version of Web Clipper -- or did you mean that you just don't use the Web Clipper at all to do that anymore (you use Clearly instead)?

I use both the EN Web Clipper and EN Clearly to clip web pages viewed with FireFox.

It depends on the web site. EN Web Clipper does better on some web sites, while EN Clearly does better on other web sites.

Both have problems. Some problems are very specific to the web site.

For example, none of the clippers work really well with this web site (the Evernote Forum).

Archived