(Archived) Does the WinMo store locally?

Neither of the mobile clients synchronizes your entire account to your device. We agree, of course, that it would be great if this were implemented, but the technical limitations of the mobile devices makes this a bit tricky to do for anything other than trivial accounts.

There's a little caching on the iPhone client, which may increase a bit in the next iPhone release. But maintaining a full copy of your entire account with searching and synching is a bit of a larger task, since Evernote is designed to allow you to have Gigabytes of notes.

There's a little caching on the iPhone client, which may increase a bit in the next iPhone release.

How about the WinMo version?

Sorry to be so scattered ... my current personal device uses PalmOS but I'm switching to WinMo. I also have an iPod Touch which I'm testing for work so I have an interest in mobile versions for all three...

Thanks

John

Neither of the mobile clients synchronizes your entire account to your device. We agree, of course, that it would be great if this were implemented, but the technical limitations of the mobile devices makes this a bit tricky to do for anything other than trivial accounts.

Hi,

If we don't see a copy of the mobile version with a local database, how about at least a dressed up HTML export ability? Since I don't have a data plan on my smartphone(PocketPC) I found the HTML export feature in the windows client and exported my notes to an HTML file and just put that on my phone so I could at least view them, it's not pretty, but it works. If you could add links to the categories, then links to each note, I think that would probably be enough for most people to get by with.

Thanks,

Grinch843...

• 3 weeks later...
How about the WinMo version?

Notes are displayed in the browser on your WM device, which may do a little HTTP caching, but I wouldn't rely on it.

OK, time to rethink how I'm going to do things... Thanks.

Well, I now have my WM device: a lovely HTC TyTN 2 and have the Evernote application installed but, quite honestly, I don't see why I would use the application when it seems I can do more using the web interface in the IE browser.

I'm sure you guys are working full out trying to keep up with the requests for all the different devices you support but consider this another request for locally caching the notes on WM. I have a nice big microSD card to store the whole database on. :)

Thanks

I hear you John. Evernote was the major reason I decided to leave years of Palm happiness behind for WinMo -- the Evernote client was, at best, disappointing. can't even title/tag new notes with it. About the only way it would be of any use, I think, is for someone who regularly used ink.

Hopefully the WinMo client will get some love some time in the not so distant future.

Archived