(Archived) HOWTO [Firefox]: Make clipper work at low resolutions?

eliuri

Hello:

I use Evernote Web Clipper 5.0.0.236819 as an add-on for Firefox 12.

My screen resolution is set at: 800x600. Much easier on the eyes that way...

However, I now find I cant operate the Web Clipper because the options to clip selected text or full page arent viisble on the screen, even when I zoom out a lot. Those options are far to the right of the filed of screen visiblity.. When I raise the resolution, I can do the clipping, as those options enter the field.

I have not had to do this in past versions of the Web Clipper. I was able to clip without altering anything. However, I can't say precisely when this issue began since i hadn't tried to clip anything for a few months.

Generally, I found that in problematic situations such as this, zooming out so that more of the screen enters field of screen visibility allows such applications to function quite well even at this lower resolution. Or by going to full page view. However, in the case of the Web Clipper, those wrokarounds don't help.

Is there a way that I can use the Web Clipper at the resolution I use for my PC (800X600) ?

It's quite an annoyance to have to later screen resolution system-wide just do do one web clip.

Thanks in advance:

-Eliuri

==========

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3

Evernote Web Clipper 5.0.0.236819

Addendum to above post::

The issue described above does not occur in the Chrome browser using: Evernote Web Clipper5.3.2

Also: The Bookmarklet -- offered at:

http://evernote.com/webclipper/#

intended for browsers other than Chrome and Firefox does seem to work well in Firefox 12 so far even at that lower resolution.

The options to clip full page or selected text show closer to center of the screen using the Bookmarklet.

I do wish that Firefox add-on worked the same way.

Thanks again:

-Eliuri

Archived