(Archived) Link to gmail contacts

Larrys

I would like to be able to type the first letter of an email address and have it pop up, as in gmail.

This would make it easier to share notebooks for example.

Might it be possible to link Evernote to gmail "contacts"?

Larry

There is no way to do it as of now. However, I agree it would be a really nice feature. When I want to email or share a note I often have to go to my contact list and copy/paste the address. The program does not remember previous email addresses or connect you to outlook, gmail, yahoo or other contacts list. I anticipate that this feature will eventually be included since others have mentioned it as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Larrys,

I've created an application called KustomNote.com at http://kustomnote.com. The web app allows you to create note templates picking fields to be used with different types like date, numbers, even movies and music. One feature you're looking for is also included and that is Google Contacts. You can link multiple Google accounts and doing so, creating and editing your templates you'll find a new field type created for every google account connected. Using this field in creating notes it will autocomplete using your Google contacts address book and it will also generate a snippet with emails, Google maps to addresses, links to Facebook and twitter as well if they are connected somehow to that person directly in your address book or on their GooglePlus profile.

Please check it out Larrys and please let me know if I can help with anything.

Cheers,

- Hussein

• 1 year later...

I would really like to see this feature added. The new version of the evernote looks nice and all but the share by email window looks like it's some thing out of windows xp or older. It needs some beefing up in terms of both feature (auto synced gmail contacts) and GUI design.

Archived