PDF file size?

chicoelnino

So I just scanned in my first magazine which was 110 pages in total and a file size of 51.9mb. I OCR'd the document before trying to move it to evernote, but as the file size is over the 50mb limit I'm stuck in wondering how I'll be able to get books scanned and converted over to evernote??

The settings I used in scansnap manager for my s1300 were:

Image Quality: Better (color/gray: 200 dpi, B&W: 400 dpi)

Color Mode: Gray

Scanning Side: Duplex

I'd the file option set to dpd and set to convert to searchable pdf.

Compression rate: 3

Can anyone tell me how I'm going to be able to scan and put books/large volume pdf's into evernote?

I don't mind putting magazines in gray mode as I thought it would help to keep the file size down.

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

So I just scanned in my first magazine which was 110 pages in total and a file size of 51.9mb. I OCR'd the document before trying to move it to evernote, but as the file size is over the 50mb limit I'm stuck in wondering how I'll be able to get books scanned and converted over to evernote??

I'd the file option set to dpd and set to convert to searchable pdf.

Can anyone tell me how I'm going to be able to scan and put books/large volume pdf's into evernote?

I don't mind putting magazines in gray mode as I thought it would help to keep the file size down.

Thanks in advance.

hi. this has been extensively discussed, and i think you'll find a lot of helpful advice on the forums. here is one link.

http://discussion.ev...ller-file-size/

good luck!

Been using your same setup for sometime with super results, BUT change your compression rate to 5, it will make a big difference in the file size. I have not seen an difference in the final outcome at this compression rate.

Regards,

David in Wichita

I tested out a few settings with the same 6 sheets from a magazine and this is the resulting file size.

The image quality, color mode, and scanning side all remain the same: color/gray: 200dpi, B&W: 400dpi, Gray, Duplex

Compression rate 3: File size of pdf: 3.02 mb

Compression rate 5: File size of pdf: 1.27 mb

B&W color mode: File size of pdf: 1.42 mb

So from the few tests I carried out it seems the best file size is when I use gray color mode and a compression of 5. There's no difference from 3 to 5 in terms of any visual but the file size is reduced by 50% which is good.

Typically what settings do people use for a normal text book of about 300 pages that they are scanning into ebook format? And what file size is the resulting pdf usually around?

Archived