AdmiralP

Penultimate for Android tablets?

211 posts in this topic

This issue, for me, is a major one, and I've been watching and waiting before renewing my premium membership. My membership is almost up and it's not looking good.  I love Evernote,  but the lack of response to, and interest in, the needs and requests of android user's, is disappoiting in the extreme. 

1 person likes this

This issue for me, is a major one, sososo I've been watching and waiting before renewing my premium membership. My membership is almost up and it's not looking good.  I love Evernote,  but the lack of response to and interest in, the needs  and requests of android users really dissapoints me.

I'll buy Penultimate for Android when it becomes available. Can you include support for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with S-Pen, please?

Evernote advertised (link) for a programmer to develop Penultimate for Android but theres no indication when the job posting was created. Anyone know when that appeared?

-Peter

Warning: PenSupremacy is NOT a good substitute for Penultimate.  I am going to stay with Evernote Skitch for now until hopefully there is Penultimate for Android.

I just installed a fresh copy of PenSupremacy on my Nexus7 and it:

1. quits the app after I continue to page 2 within a notebook.

2. will not reopen the notebook.

3. if I save/send the PenSupremacy note to Evernote with the hopes of at least rescuing the PS note contents inside Evernote, the PenSupremacy note container is there in Evernote but the note's content itself is empty. 

4. PenSupremacy has no support on its website.  Will cross my fingers I can actually send e-mail to the developer.  That or I just wasted $2 and 20 minutes of my life. 

I have used Penultimate on an iPad and it is wonderful.  I am hoping to build up the user cry-out for Evernote to build and release Penultimate for Android!

1 person likes this

II too want this. It is something I would pay for.

2 people like this

If you want an AWESOME app to ink with Evernote try Lecture Notes. It allows for layers, importing PDF's and exporting single pages to Evernote. For you Samsung Note users it also completely supports the S-Pen.

If Penultimate for Android is anything like the iOS version every inked note goes into Evernote. I prefer Lecture notes because I can send over only the pages that I want.

I want to see Penultimate for Android as well but Lecture Notes has set a very high bar for inking applications. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

2 people like this

I use Evernote on my Galaxy Note 10.1, so I'd love to see Penultimate make it to Android. With support for the S-Pen of course :)

2 people like this

Love Evernote, but Android really needs Penultimate's handwriting possibilities with the S-pen functionality of course!

+1 Android user ready and willing to beta test Penultimate. Can't wait.

2 people like this

This has now become one of the hottest threads in the Penultimate forum.....hello, Evernote, are you listening?????  It sure seems like we have an echo in here!  Customers are clamoring for it and Evernote is silent.......which means that they are either too busy with their noses to the grindstone cranking out the code or they don't care and will release it when they get around to it.  SHOW US, Evernote!!

3 people like this

Like so many... waiting desperately for Penultimate on Android!

1 person likes this

Bump.  Come evernote devs.  Too many people willing to pay....

I was just looking through the play store and saw an app called Write.  Only played with it for a few minutes but it looked pretty good.  Not as many features as SNote (for those with a samsung note device) and it's not as nice as penultimate from what I remember when I used it back on iOS.  It does have a decent set of features for a free app though.  Lack in notebook organization but paired with evernote and that problem is resolved.  It has some promise at least until penultimate makes it to Android.

Still waiting. I hear Penultimate plays nice with leftys! Confirm/Deny? Any leftys using an alternate app in the meantime?

I guess this is one of those forums where there is no interaction with the evernote team. I would have thought a hot topic like this would have gotten a response of some kind now...

Please get us a version for Android...!

I have just purchased a 10.1 note tablet, and this is easily the most anticipated piece of software i could make a request for. PLEASE make this happen!!!

Seriously evernote, I'm falling head over heels in love with you, As a grad student. I find evernote to be completely invaluable to my workflow. BUT I NEED PENULTIMATE BECAUSE I LOVE MY NEXUS 7, I READ TOO MANY PDFS AND I'M NOT GOING TO SWITCH.

Yes, please. Penultimate for Android would be very useful.

My offer of buying someone a cup of coffee to get this going still stands. If the developer Evernote hired to build the Android App will identify him or herself, I'll send a Starbuck's card.

1 person likes this

I now have a co-worker who is new to Evernote raving about Penultimate with his iPad. I'm starting to detest him and his Apple products!

Evernote developers ---  don't forget about the Android market!!!

come on! with real Wacom support in a large amount of android tablets... how can this not sound like fun? count me in on the coffee club, ill see your Starbucks card and raise you a bag of Caribou grinds of your choice!

My offer of buying someone a cup of coffee to get this going still stands. If the developer Evernote hired to build the Android App will identify him or herself, I'll send a Starbuck's card.

Starbucks?! I thought you said you were going to buy him/her a coffee?  ;)

SNote on Note 10.1 works well and share it across if needed (- Skitch is worse than useless IMHO)... not as slick as an integrated app... but SNote has a lot of useful features that Penultimate doesn't have ... Lecture Notes are ok as well... but lacks the tech drawing features of Snote - and the SNote UI is easier... the only issue with SNote is .snb file type - doesn't open to anything else

likewise evernote, please - at the very least - respond to this thread! the numbers don't lie... your products far exceed pretty much anything else that's out there, but don't discount a growing population.

thanks

After almost a year of begging  ;) for this app - with no formal response - when? just give us something... a date, a hint, something

Let me know if you need an Aussie based PM to drive the project and ensure that an appropriate communication plan is developed and executed on.. just saying

Chris