(Archived) Evernote for Mac 3.1.1

dlu

Idea

Hello!

We have a 3.1.1 release out for those of you who didn't download via the appstore (3.1.1 is coming soon to the AppStore)

If you have any questions or issues, please post here.

thanks!

21 replies to this idea

Hello, the new presentation of map view (on mac ox) does not seem to be a good change for me ... It is very difficult to find a single note by the image and the visual memory of it. Some of my friends graphic artist, photographers, web designers and all "centered on the eyes" agree with me ...

Is it possible to change with the old version? ;-)

• Level 5*

Hi,

I am come back to office few minutes ago.

Now I can use software offline, without internet connection.

I thinks that the problems was generated because I don't have flag "stay logged in".

After my first "flagging", I can use evernote always.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

glad to hear that the problem is solved!

MBP 10.7.3 / Evernote 3.1.1

(1) Logged Out and Failed to Quit

I tried to shut off my computer, but Evernote logged me out, forgot my password, and is preventing my computer from quitting. This is the first time all of this has happened at once.

[EDIT:] Stuck in a cycle. I can login. It seems to finish syncing (but apparently has not, because notes are not showing up on other devices). Every time I try to shut down my computer Evernote logs me out, forgets my password, and then won't let the program close. Eventually I got it to sync and close.

Is this something that happens over and over again and is reproducible? Or was this a one time issue? If it happens again let us know. Ideally, it is something we can quickly reproduce and fix.

it appears to have been a one-time thing. if it happens again, i'll let you know.

Hi,

I am come back to office few minutes ago.

Now I can use software offline, without internet connection.

I thinks that the problems was generated because I don't have flag "stay logged in".

After my first "flagging", I can use evernote always.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

• Level 5*

I tried to shut off my computer, but Evernote logged me out, forgot my password, and is preventing my computer from quitting. This is the first time all of this has happened at once.

[EDIT:] Stuck in a cycle. I can login. It seems to finish syncing (but apparently has not, because notes are not showing up on other devices). Every time I try to shut down my computer Evernote logs me out, forgets my password, and then won't let the program close. Eventually I got it to sync and close.

Is this something that happens over and over again and is reproducible? Or was this a one time issue? If it happens again let us know. Ideally, it is something we can quickly reproduce and fix.

it appears to have been a one-time thing. if it happens again, i'll let you know.

• Level 5*

Thanks for reply but when evernote start, I see the login window. I can use evernote only if I make login in this screen.

If internet connection is down when evernote start and so, I can not login with client, software don't go after the login screen.

Before this version, without internet connection, I used it without problem.

(sorry for my english)

hi. i think i understand you just fine. this behavior doesn't sound correct. i will check with my computer today and see what could be happening.

Thanks for reply but when evernote start, I see the login window. I can use evernote only if I make login in this screen.

If internet connection is down when evernote start and so, I can not login with client, software don't go after the login screen.

Before this version, without internet connection, I used it without problem.

(sorry for my english)

• Level 5*

Hi,

why with version 3.1.1 we can not use client offline?

Before this updating I used the software offline without problems. Now I am forced to have the active connection and to perform the login.

Regards

hi. that is incorrect. you need to login to your account (check the checkbox to stay logged in). but, you don't need to login to do that or to use your account. it is exactly the same as previous versions, except that you can now have multiple accounts for each user.

Hi,

why with version 3.1.1 we can not use client offline?

Before this updating I used the software offline without problems. Now I am forced to have the active connection and to perform the login.

Regards

• Level 5*

Scrolling down in a note causes the bar between the note header information and the note body to disappear. Scrolling back up creates lots of faint lines over the note. Screen shots:

Before (correct): http://dl.dropbox.co...450950/Bar1.jpg

After scrolling down: http://dl.dropbox.co...450950/Bar2.jpg

After scrolling back up: http://dl.dropbox.co...450950/Bar3.jpg

Is this in Snow Leopard right?

• Level 5*

Scrolling down in a note causes the bar between the note header information and the note body to disappear. Scrolling back up creates lots of faint lines over the note.

I have seen this as well, going back several beta versions. Just never got around to reporting.

Persistent bugs from the beta releases:

• Letters doubling up in multi-note tagging after backspacing. After this happens, tagging autocomplete (in single and multi-note envirornments) is broken. Restarting Evernote is the only to get tagging autocomplete back. Sometimes multiple restarts are necessary per day. Not fun.
  • Notes getting stuck in Note Purgatory when moving from one notebook to another. Sometimes when moving a note from Notebook A to Notebook B, the note will report that it resides in Notebook B but it's still sitting in A. Again, restarting is the only way to get it where it's supposed to be.

I'll +1 everything GM has to say about features in the Mac client. And add that there's a thread about the card view that's worth a read. (Or two. :))

If either letters doubling up, or notes getting stuck in purgatory happen, would you mind PMing me activity logs right after it happens? I've heard reports, but haven't been able to track down these issues

Sure, just did. It's easy to reproduce. Select two notes, start typing a tag, backspace a couple times and when you start typing again, the letters will double up.

• Letters doubling up in multi-note tagging after backspacing. After this happens, tagging autocomplete (in single and multi-note envirornments) is broken. Restarting Evernote is the only to get tagging autocomplete back. Sometimes multiple restarts are necessary per day. Not fun.
  • Notes getting stuck in Note Purgatory when moving from one notebook to another. Sometimes when moving a note from Notebook A to Notebook B, the note will report that it resides in Notebook B but it's still sitting in A. Again, restarting is the only way to get it where it's supposed to be.

I'll +1 everything GM has to say about features in the Mac client. And add that there's a thread about the card view that's worth a read. (Or two. :))

If either letters doubling up, or notes getting stuck in purgatory happen, would you mind PMing me activity logs right after it happens? I've heard reports, but haven't been able to track down these issues

• Level 5*

Hello!

We have a 3.1.1 release out for those of you who didn't download via the appstore (3.1.1 is coming soon to the AppStore)

If you have any questions or issues, please post here.

thanks!

hi dlu. thanks for posting the thread for 3.1.1. i want to start the thread off with some praise and a request.

overall, i am really pleased with how the interface looks. you can tell the developers put a lot of effort into it, and their work is definitely much appreciated. it is the best-looking interface on any of the platforms (this is the kind of polling/voting we ought to have on the forums).

however, i remain lukewarm about other things. again today, i had nothing in the search bar, no mysterious glowing blue "Search:" in the favorites bar, but clicking on a saved search told me that i have no notes available to view. i went up to the top, clicked on the "all notes" icon, and then tried again. of course, everything displayed just fine. i really wish we had the search explanation bar so that i knew what was happening. this whining about the search explanation bar isn't specific to 3.1.1, but i still want to keep bringing this up in the hopes that i will influence your rem sleep and (like inception) plant the seed of an idea in your head. please be patient, or better yet, be persuaded :)

more broadly speaking, the functionality of the windows app is objectively superior to the mac one in just about every way. i am really impressed with what evernote is doing over there, and i hope the osx developers will consider collaborating more with the windows developers. in some cases, this would mean resurrecting functions that were killed off, and in others, it would mean adding them. you'd get parity and happy users :)

in my dreams (your dreams about my dreams), i hope that the iOS developers would also see some movement towards the windows ui. list views, sort options, fonts, etc., etc. would all be happily welcomed. i'll post with bugs later in the thread.

Archived