(Archived) HELP: Clipper sending note to Web

Al from WS

Using Windows 7, Evernote 4.5.6, Firefox 12, IE 9. Not sure what version of clipper I'm using although it was downloaded today. (how do I find the clipper version?

In both Firefox and IE the clipped note goes to the Web notebook, not a local notebook as the documentation suggests.

May be related, but I can't make a local notebook my default notebook.

New to Evernote, so it may be operator error.

Suggestions?

Welcome to the forums.

This is an intentional restriction. The default notebook setting is synchronized to other clients and therefore must be a synchronized notebook.

Owyn, from the Evernote pdf for Windows, Firefox clipper "clicking the Evernote button will cause the content to be clipped to your local Evernote

application, not Evernote on the Web.", but the clipped information is going to the Web. I can then move it to a local notebook, but this is an extra step and eats into my usage even though I'm not storing anything on the Web.

I'm also running Evernote on a Mac with Firefox and it clips locally.

Out of curiosity, what timezome are you in?

Firefox Evernote Clipper -> Preferences provides for clipping to the desktop client or to the web.

When clipping to the web you must select a synchronized, ie. web resident, notebook.

When clipping to the desktop Windows Client -> Tools -> Clipping Preferences controls which notebook clips go to. "Specify clip destination" allows you to select a local unsynchronized notebook.

I am currently GMT-4 (EDT).

Owyn- Thanks for responding.

I could not find Firefox Evernote Clipper -> Preferences in FF12

After reading more of the forum, it sounded like Chrome might be better. Alas, a similar but worse. Clipped article said it was going to the Web (only choice), but nothing has shown up.

Back to IE9 and now it gives me choices, my clipped note went to a local notebook.

This clipper stuff all seems very fragile to me. I wouldn't bet a lot of money that the next time I login I will be able to clip locally. Who knows, maybe my clipped Chrome notes will show up. Still struggling, but not giving up.

I could not find Firefox Evernote Clipper -> Preferences in FF12

Firefox -> Tools -> Add-ons -> Evernote Web Clipper -> Preferences

After reading more of the forum, it sounded like Chrome might be better. Alas, a similar but worse. Clipped article said it was going to the Web (only choice),

Correct. Chrome supports only clip to web.

but nothing has shown up.

Did you enable clip notifications in Chrome Clipper Options?

Did you check the web client?

Did you synchronize the windows client?

Back to IE9 and now it gives me choices, my clipped note went to a local notebook.

This clipper stuff all seems very fragile to me. I wouldn't bet a lot of money that the next time I login I will be able to clip locally. Who knows, maybe my clipped Chrome notes will show up. Still struggling, but not giving up.

There is a bit of learning curve, and the clippers do break occasionally. I have both Chrome and Firefox installed with Chrome as my default. At one time I switched my default to Firefox due to problems with the Chrome clipper. Switched back to Chrome after the problems were fixed.

Browsers iterate very quickly (basically every 6 weeks) and sometimes problems arise.

Anyway, let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived