(Archived) HELP [Firefox]: Clipper doesn't work in Firefox 12

itsmee222

Ever since I upgraded to Firefox 12, the current version of the web clipper is broken. I’m using Windows 7, 64 bit. FF is set to allow 3rd party cookies.

I have the clipper set to send clips to my desktop client. My client is running and is signed in. When I try to clip something I get a messagebox that says “Please sign in to Evernote before clipping.” (and nothing clips).

I have tried the beta version of the FF clipper and with that I get a messagebox window with nothing in it, so I’m back to the latest release version.

I haven't gotten much help from email support so trying here.

I can not reproduce this problem in Win XP(destination web or desktop) or Linux(destination web). I do not have a Windows 7 environment available for testing.

Does the problem occur if you start the web client before clipping to the desktop?

Does the problem occur if you set FF to clip to the web?

The problem occurs if I start the client and sign in before I try clipping.

The problem does not occur if I set it to clip the web.

I can not reproduce this problem in Win XP(destination web or desktop) or Linux(destination web). I do not have a Windows 7 environment available for testing.

Does the problem occur if you start the web client before clipping to the desktop?

Does the problem occur if you set FF to clip to the web?

i can't get webclipper to work on firefox 12 either. it let's me enter my sign in info but then gets hung up on moving to the clip dialog box. i also couldn't get logged into the forums on firefox...had to go to IE.

@itsmee222

Can you check if you are running Firefox in 64-bit mode or 32-bit mode? If you are on 64-bit I suggest running the 32-bit version.

@linz

Can you provide a bit more details on:

- OS version

- Firefox Clipper version ( Tools > Add-ons then look at 'Extensions' tab for version number)

well that's odd. i'm using IE to access the forums (since i can't seem to login from firefox) so I clicked the link and pulled up the page in IE. Copied the link over to firefox and all i get is a big blank page. it recognizes that it is an evernote page (the Evernote icon shows in the address bar), but nothing on the page....

i haven't added anything new recently. Ghostery updated so i tried disabling it but clipper still didn't work.

it must be a setting in firefox somewhere. i tried going back to firefox 11 with no luck. plus firefox wont let me sign into the forums (have to do it via IE) and i can't even get the link that jbignert posted with the beta version to show on the screen....just blank page. ughh! i live in firefox...must get this working again...it feels like i just went someplace without my cell phone.

• Level 5*

I use FF more or less exclusively and find that it works happily with both the clipper and the Forum on my desktop and (the Forum, anyway) on my Android. Can't remember that I did anything heroic to make it compliant with Evernote at any stage. You certainly seem to be getting some strange behaviour.. Could you live with uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox completely? You can backup your bookmarks to your desktop, plus notes of any other special settings. Use Revo to completely remove FF and anything related to it, then download and reinstall the current version.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have had this problem for quite some time. WinXP, 32-bit, FF12.

After futzing around with it for a while, I found that by enabling third-party cookies I was able to use the clipper again.

Hopefully, I can find a specific execption to allow so that I can turn off third-party cookies once again.

I hope this info will save someone a bunch of time and frustration.

Archived