When will there be a Clearly extension for Opera 11?

johnleo

I use cleanPages in opera 11 to enhance my reading experiences. But it lacks the function to send the processed page to evernote. I notice that evernote has Clearly for Chrome and FF. Will there be an opera version? Or anyone can recommend a similar opera extension with send to evernote function?

• Level 5*

Sorry, I don't use Opera, and I am not affiliated with Evernote in any way other than as a user. However, I can tell you that Evernote employees never give out any information on what is and is not planned, or the timeline for possible development. Someone may be able to help you with another extension - my only suggestion would be to search, but I am 99% sure you have already done that...

Sorry, I don't use Opera, and I am not affiliated with Evernote in any way other than as a user. However, I can tell you that Evernote employees never give out any information on what is and is not planned, or the timeline for possible development. Someone may be able to help you with another extension - my only suggestion would be to search, but I am 99% sure you have already done that...

Yes, and there are not many extensions with such a function in opera. Pity! Like Opera the best with its low ram takeup and quick response on my ancient pc.

• Level 5*

Unfortunately for people like you, most, if not all, software developers need to keep up with the latest technology. If something works on an ancient pc, it is more by good luck than by design. Eventually there will come a day when even Evernote may not work on ye olde computer - only on ye moderne machine. Whatever specs that may have ...

• Level 5*

Opera is not, and is unlikely to ever be, a supported browser for Evernote or Clearly.

Why are you so sure about that? Are there any technical obstacles? Can you make it more specific?

Firstly, Owyn is always correct so you can always be sure that he is sure.

Secondly,

Opera is not, and is unlikely to ever be, a supported browser for Evernote or Clearly.

Why are you so sure about that? Are there any technical obstacles? Can you make it more specific?

Firstly, Owyn is always correct so you can always be sure that he is sure.

Secondly, http://discussion.ev...pera#entry74916

Okay. Again, market share; not supported.

What I don't understand is how much resources it'll take to build an extension for a browser that has millions of users. I know nothing about programming, so it is a serious question.

• 7 months later...

Actually, there is an extension for Opera, called miniEvernote, which makes the comment seem a little odd. Sadly, the extension has left out some basic functionality that I am used to from Firefox (creating a note from selected text) in favour offering unsolicited and unwanted Colorstache function.

EN has always been a bit of odd one, but I had started using it again with Firefox, but now it seems I will have to give it up again (Firefox is a resource hog) now that I have moved to Opera. Maybe I just haven't found it, but my experience this time mirrors previous usage...I am always left with the feeling that EN might be not be listening to its user base.

A bit of a shame really...fortunately, I hadn't started relying on EN for storage.

As with any free at the point of use software, I am not whinging. I am always grateful to those provide things for free. But, I shall pretty much stop using EN for the important things...for me to use it, it needs to offer what I need (which is not that onerous, really), rather than constraining how I work.

Sorry. /shrug

• 1 month later...

Make a link on your tool bar with this for the address:

javascript:(function(){EN_CLIP_HOST='http://www.evernote.com';try{var x=document.createElement('SCRIPT');x.type='text/javascript';x.src=EN_CLIP_HOST+'/public/bookmarkClipper.js?'+(new Date().getTime()/100000);document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(x);}catch(e){location.href=EN_CLIP_HOST+'/clip.action?url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title);}})();

Name it "Clip to Evernote"

When you highlight some information on a web page it will be captured, if not you only capture the link.

• 1 year later...

Archived