(Archived) HELP: Login problem version 3.1.0 (246062)

Reyboy

Idea

Evernote Version 3.1.0 (246062) App is always saying "Incorrect Username or Password" WIndows App, Android App, Website however allow me to login.

What could posibly wrong?

2012-05-12 10:56:09 main [ENVideoLoginWindowController] INFO: Making login panel key and front.

2012-05-12 10:57:57 main [ENBootstrapProfileManager] DEBUG: -[ENBootstrapProfileManager retrieveBootstrapInfo:]: profile data already retrieved.

2012-05-12 10:57:57 main [ENBootstrapProfileManager] DEBUG: -[ENBootstrapProfileManager retrieveBootstrapInfo:]: but force is YES, so starting profile retrieval.

2012-05-12 10:57:57 gbsi [ENBootstrapProfileManager] INFO: Bootstrap url: https://www.evernote.com/edam/user

2012-05-12 10:57:57 gbsi [EDAMUserStoreClient] DEBUG: +[EDAMUserStoreClient(EDAMUserStoreClientAdditions) clientWithServerURL:] -- url: https://www.evernote.com/edam/user

2012-05-12 10:57:58 gbsi [ENBootstrapProfileManager] DEBUG: -[ENBootstrapProfileManager performEDAMGetBootstrapInfo]: profiles received: (

"BootstrapProfile(name:\"Evernote\",settings:BootstrapSettings(serviceHost:\"www.evernote.com\",marketingUrl:\"http://www.evernote.com\",supportUrl:\"http://www.evernote.com/about/contact/support/\",accountEmailDomain:\"m.evernote.com\",enableFacebookSharing:1,enableGiftSubscriptions:1,enableSupportTickets:1,enableSharedNotebooks:1,enableSingleNoteSharing:1,enableSponsoredAccounts:1,enableTwitterSharing:1))"

)

19 replies to this idea

Hi,

I am doing application for iOS.My evernote account login works on iPhone(using Evernote API) but it doesn't work on web login.If i trying to reset password it says ,username doesn't exist.If i reset from my iPhone device and then doing the reset using redirect email link ,now its work on web login.I have to do the same process each time when i am going to login using web.

Please help.

Thanks,

Santosh

Hi, a little bit of a different problem. Sounds similiar, but when using my ipad, I changed the evernote email address to my work email address. Now when I click on the app, it states, "Evernote Unexpectedly Quit" and shuts down. I can't even start the app! What is the best fix for this?

Could you guys try logging in with your Evernote Username, with your username in all lowercase?

To make a long story short, we'll be allowing users to use an email address and case-insensitive usernames very soon.

Thank you. That worked for me. Just a mishandled transition by Evernote then?

I now have the same issue. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling/password reset but still having the same issue. IOS is 5, Mac won't let me in. Help!!!

Use your evernote username in all lowercase. Don't use your email address, or put capital letters in your username. If you sign into the web version of Evernote at evernote.com, your username will be in the top right corner.

I thinks mods should close this thread. The answer the the problem was to user the USERNAME NOT EMAIL. USERNAME is created upon sign-up.

I guess this is a UX issue for devs, my android app, windows app and website experience I am allowed to use email except in yet in my Mac its not allowed.

Cheers! Kudos to evernote

Could you try with your Evernote username in all lower-case? 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 have a bug that disallows logging in with email addresses and capital letters. We've fixed this in 3.1.2 Beta 1 if you're on the beta track

If you could try your Evernote username, that would be great. There is a bug that rejects email addresses.

Stevo, if you could try again, and right after getting the error, PM me the activity log. I'll look through it and see if I can find your particular error

Just as an update I tried deleting and reinstalling it for Mac and it still doesn't work.

Not sure I picked the right program for writing my wedding speech after all. Please fix this problem !!!

Same problem. IOS, WP7 and Web all fine but Mac app no longer works. Bloody annoying ...

Tried that lowercase thing (my email is all lower case anyway except for numbers) and it still doesn't work. Help please ...

Could you guys try logging in with your Evernote Username, with your username in all lowercase?

To make a long story short, we'll be allowing users to use an email address and case-insensitive usernames very soon.

Same here. Cannot login on my computer anymore - iOS is fine and website is fine.

Evernote: Version 3.1.0 (246062)

Evernote keeps complaining "Incorrect Username or Password"

Archived