REQUEST: fullscreen focus mode for just write

enric2k

This is very simple, at least for me.

All I want is just a fullscreen writing mode like iwriter, writeroom or q10. A minimal fullscreen mode with no noise (no mouse?), a focus mode that allow me to just write.

I know that there are another programs that can do it, but it will be very time saver having all in the same app/place.

Thank you and excuse my english.

Try popping out a note to single note view window and then maximizing that window.

Is that close to what you want?

I know what you mean, but there's a lot of stuff in the screen. What I want is something like this (with EN colors, no problem)

q10n.png

• Level 5

You could paste a copy of the file from the program you prefer into Evernote.

I doubt there is enough demand for Evernote to develop it.

For me, the following is perfectly acceptable.

1.) Open a note to maximum size

2.) Turn off the "note Info" by toggling F8 up to 3 times

3.) Turn off the "Editing Toolbar" by toggling Ctrl + F8

4.) Turn off "Show Status Bar" >View >Show Status Bar

You will get something that looks like this:

post-53124-0-77655300-1336605771_thumb.p

You could paste a copy of the file from the program you prefer into Evernote.

I doubt there is enough demand for Evernote to develop it.

For me, the following is perfectly acceptable.

1.) Open a note to maximum size

2.) Turn off the "note Info" by toggling F8 up to 3 times

3.) Turn off the "Editing Toolbar" by toggling Ctrl + F8

4.) Turn off "Show Status Bar" >View >Show Status Bar

You will get something that looks like this:

I know your solution is fine but I'll prefer a real fullscreen focus mode :)

But allright, your solution is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

The workaround solution is fine, for the time being, but I would also love to see a distraction-free environment, like FocusWriter. It should be simple enough to turn it on with one click, and would increase the utility of Evernote threefold for my purposes.

• Level 5

The workaround solution is fine, for the time being, but I would also love to see a distraction-free environment, like FocusWriter. It should be simple enough to turn it on with one click, and would increase the utility of Evernote threefold for my purposes.

threefold increase? really?

FocusWrite sample

http://gottcode.org/...ter_default.png

Evernote sample

post-53124-0-61900700-1338290164_thumb.p

• 3 months later...

I agree with the OP. q10 feels so much less cluttered. Instead of looking at the pictures, try opening a new document or an existing one in each interface. The evernote interface isn't designed to be a distraction-free editor, which is fine, it works well for what it does. Interestingly, I just started using the evernote Clearly plugin and it is very close to offering a distraction free reading environment in my browser. I love it. If the evernote application could offer a similar feature in their main app and in their browser interface that would be just fantastic!

Alternatively, is there an evernote API that third-party applications can use to interface to it to create new notes or edit existing notes? Maybe q10 or other minimal editors could hook into it.

Is there another post that is continuing this discussion?

• 1 year later...

Archived