(Archived) BUG: Notes left hanging in notebook

learned

Idea

I have a general Inbox notebook that everything flows into. I have two notes, for which I have gone in and changed the notebook that they are supposed to reside in. If I look at the note detail for the two notes, it shows the correct notebook. However in the list, they still show in the Inbox, and not in the proper notebook.

Ideas?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have a general Inbox notebook that everything flows into. I have two notes, for which I have gone in and changed the notebook that they are supposed to reside in. If I look at the note detail for the two notes, it shows the correct notebook. However in the list, they still show in the Inbox, and not in the proper notebook.

Ideas?

hi. i think i have had the same problem when moving multiple notes from one notebook to another. it seems that it is a ghost note (actually, a note that is in two notebooks at once), and it has moved properly, but evernote just doesn't know it. i think exiting and restarting the program fixed it for me, but i forgot. i do know that deleting the ghost note deleted the real one in the regular notebook, so that is a bad idea!

My situation is close but a little different. While the note's detail says it is in B, it still shows in A, and not in B. Restarting did not help at all, but finally I moved the notes back to A, then moved them to B again and that seemed to fix it.

My situation is close but a little different. While the note's detail says it is in B, it still shows in A, and not in B. Restarting did not help at all, but finally I moved the notes back to A, then moved them to B again and that seemed to fix it.

I had a similar problem a month or two ago. I tagged a few notes with a tag, and when I tried searching "-tag:[that tag]" they would still be returned. I removed the tag, let the note updated, put the tag back, let it update again, and then the search worked. I don't know why, even though the tag was visible and seemingly applied to the note, it wasn't initially being recognized.

Archived