(Archived) Business cards

Mary F

I'm looking for the best way to handle business cards that I receive. When at a conference we will gather in groups, exchange business cards and share information. The shared information I write on the back of the business card. I understand that you can take a picture of the card and save it but has anyone else done something similar where you need to keep two images together? Should I do a new notebook for each person? That could run to 100+ notebooks. Any other suggestion for keeping the front and back together?

Mary Beth

• Level 5*
Not sure if it is currently supported on Android client.

Not as far as I can tell, on my Kindle Fire, anyways. I don't think that you can multi-select, so that makes it a non-starter.

I use a scanner app (Handy Scanner Pro) to scan documents, including business cards, and then share/send it to Evernote in pdf format. Says you take front and back of a name card, it will be converted into a 2-page pdf file. It will be just one pdf file rather than 2 image files. I don't see why you need one notebook for each person even if there were two images since a note can contain multiple attachments. Simply create one note for each name card and tag it with "contact" or something that serves your purpose.

As mentioned above, anytime I want multiple pages/sides of a document, I scan as a PDF.

Also, having a notebook for each contact is not only overkill (IMO) but you'll also be limiting your usage of EN, since you can only have 250 notebooks.

Thank you for the info about scanning as a pdf. I knew having a separate notebook would be unreasonable but couldn't think of anyway to keep the front and back together. I'll check into a scanning program. Sounds like a premium membership is what I'll be needing to I can search the pdfs. Thanks!

@Mary F, what do you think about creating a note with the 2 snapshots inside? From the homescreen (or widget) create a new snapshot, take the first face. When validated, tap the snapshot button in the note editor and take the other face.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just scan the card front and back with a desktop scanner and make one note with front and back images in same note. I scan a full 8-1/2 by 11 sheet at one time with 12 business cards.  I store mine in Evernote Windows.  Text of business card is indexed automatically.  Handwritten notes are not unless using print font.  Store all cards in notebook titled Business Cards.  Each card is one note with title name of person or business (or both)   Also each card is tagged with class of business: travel, supplies, etc...  Cards are available on my Android smartphone.  Simple, fast and efficient.

Archived