HOWTO: Export to Excel

I am a very happy user of the Premium Evernote but am having one difficulty. I use Evernote for business and log all my sales calls note their. I love the photo functions because I can shoot a photo of a business card of my point of contact for each call and attach right to the call notes. The problem I have is that I need to report these calls to my superiors. I tried to convert the notes to pdf by printing them to a pdf file, but the file ends up being too big to email or share electronically. I checked for a way to not include these photos in the print but have found no option for this. What I am looking for is a way to convert a group of notes to Excel where the note fields would format into columns. This would allow me to report and function better with the data. If there any system or application that would allow this? Is there any other option that would fulfill my needs. Thank you in advance for your help. Also I searched the forum for a like issue, but found none.

• Level 5*

I am a very happy user of the Premium Evernote but am having one difficulty. I use Evernote for business and log all my sales calls note their. I love the photo functions because I can shoot a photo of a business card of my point of contact for each call and attach right to the call notes. The problem I have is that I need to report these calls to my superiors. I tried to convert the notes to pdf by printing them to a pdf file, but the file ends up being too big to email or share electronically. I checked for a way to not include these photos in the print but have found no option for this. What I am looking for is a way to convert a group of notes to Excel where the note fields would format into columns. This would allow me to report and function better with the data. If there any system or application that would allow this? Is there any other option that would fulfill my needs. Thank you in advance for your help. Also I searched the forum for a like issue, but found none.

hi. welcome to the forums!

i don't know of any program that could do what you want. interesting thought. you could share your notebook. but, i suppose your boss would prefer an excel file. hopefully, someone has a solution for you.

Yes, it has to be something I can communicate electronically but can then be printed out in a presentable document. Thank you very much for your reply. I hope someone has a solution.

• Level 5*

Yes, it has to be something I can communicate electronically but can then be printed out in a presentable document. Thank you very much for your reply. I hope someone has a solution.

hi. this is less than ideal, but you could export all of the notes as html (easy) and then zip up the folder and send it to your boss (also easy). however, your boss would have to be fine with that (i believe it comes with an index, so that is nice). of course, it would be easily printed.

Thanks so much, wow this is a truly friend forum. Usually my experience in a forum is an inititial beating you take for not being a genius is the topic you are requesting, posting in the wrong place, or posting something that was answered 4 years ago and you should know that. I will try this and see how it works. Thanks again.

• Level 5*

Thanks so much, wow this is a truly friend forum. Usually my experience in a forum is an inititial beating you take for not being a genius is the topic you are requesting, posting in the wrong place, or posting something that was answered 4 years ago and you should know that. I will try this and see how it works. Thanks again.

Sure. Glad I could help. People around here are pretty nice. Hope you enjoy hanging out here with us. If someone doesn't stop by to throw out some crazy code talk then I'll rattle a few cages and see if we can get the code monkeys to come out and play. We might get you a more elegant solution yet.

• 2 weeks later...

@ scucmd and @ grumpy monkey - I am a new user exploring options for Evernote, IIsn't there an app that can take the text imbedded in a photo and convert it to an editable text file? In browsing the apps, I thought I saw one. This would take the text from the photo of the business card and convert it to text which could be merged with a data file? Just a thought.

@ scucmd and @ grumpy monkey - I am a new user exploring options for Evernote, IIsn't there an app that can take the text imbedded in a photo and convert it to an editable text file? In browsing the apps, I thought I saw one. This would take the text from the photo of the business card and convert it to text which could be merged with a data file? Just a thought.

Welcome to the forums, Trina. I'm not positive about while file types Google Drive can do this for, but I think it can do what you want for most or all image files.

• 3 months later...

@scucmd

Excel will allow you to import html. I tried this with a couple of notes I already created and it worked pretty well. If you go into the options menu you can select to include tags, the title, the date created etc.

What I'd do is go in to Evernote and create an expense template. That way you could export in the same format every time. This would allow you to manipulate it in Excel more easily as well.

Then you can export the note to html as a single page.

Then open Excel, do a file open, select the all file types so you can see the html file and open it.

Once you've got a base format worked out in Evernote you could create some macros in excel to make it do whatever you want in the way of formatting or calculations etc.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

To export an Evernote table to Excel follow these simple steps:

1.   Export Evernote table to html format

2.   Import Evernote table html file into Excel

3.   Save as  .xlsx

4.   done

• 1 year later...

PLEASE, Evernote, create a way to export business card information into CRMs!  I love that I can connect to LinkedIn with the card scanner in Evernote but then I can't do anything with the card nformation for marketing with Constant Cantact.  I I have been searching and searching for an easy solution and there doesn't seem to be one but this is such a logical need if you are scanning cards.  Please work on this solution.

Archived