REQUEST: Zoom

Brott

Idea

Hi

I write my notes in 17points, but if I need to print them I want them to be 12points. Does anyone know if there's a text zoom so that the text appears larger [17points] but remains 12points for printing?

thanks all

24 replies to this idea

I agree with the need to zoom on the note to view the text larger without making the font bigger. I often write class notes in Evernote for Mac and have to use gigantic fonts that I have to make small again if I need to print something from my notes.

ah, got it. Sorry didn't realize that was called text zoom.

I've been an avid user of Evernote for years. I absolutely love it, and recommend it regularly to everyone I meet professionally. I love it's simplicity, its flexibility and its ubiquity. I there fore do not lose sleep over whether Evernote has built-in scheduling alarms, can import from moleskin notebooks, or make my coffee in the morning. Much more fundamental is it's ability to do the basics really, really well; and this must include a simple zoom functionality. This is 2012! That this has not been done for so many years begs the question of what the developers consider to be their priorities. That this response from a seemingly non-plussed employee has not been followed up either by the employee or by one of his colleagues for over six months, speaks volumes... Perhaps someone at Evernote can clarify the situation?

Another vote for ctrl -/+ zooming functions. The tags and notes navigation on the left is fine. But I need to be able to quickly blow up the text of my note for viewing. And the text should fit to the panel of the note so we don't have to scroll side to side.

• Level 5*

a zoom feature would be nice, because i work on computers with different resolutions, and one font size might display differently across devices. in addition, i would like to see:

1. the ability to change the fonts in all notes. sure, you can change it going forward, but you cannot take care of all those old notes you put at obscenely large font sizes so that you could read them on your ipad.

2. the ability to set the "display" size of text. in other words, a setting that let you determine the size you wanted something to display regardless of its actual size. this would end up achieving results similar to the zoom feature, except in the case of images.

3. a zoom feature on the ipad/iphone. i know this is a mac forum, but i often set my font sizes larger than i would like so that i can read them well on the mobile. this is not good, but what can i do? maybe the new ipad will save me.

+1 for Zoom everything.

Either by ctrl- and crtl+ or ctrl-mouse-wheel.

I make a lot of screendumps in my job, and collect them notes. But it's almost impossible to navigate a note with images that cannot be scaled.

• Level 5*
I haven't run into an issue personally, but is there a program out there that does this well that I should be taking a look at? (No promises though)

I think what's being asked for is something akin to the photozoom that's available in most browsers via the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- shortcuts.

I haven't run into an issue personally, but is there a program out there that does this well that I should be taking a look at? (No promises though)

Seriously? Just about every program on Windows and Mac have a zoom feature? Word, Adobe Reader, any browser, Outlook, Kindle app, Scriverner, Final Draft, etc.

I would like to bump this. I use Evernote across a number of devices, and being able to zoom the text to something readable would help a lot when reading/writing. I do not want to change font size - heck, Evernote would still be useful to me, if I couldn't change fonts at all, but not being able to change the text size as read on screen is a real usability issue.

+1 for note zoom. I would love to be able to zoom out so when i'm on my tablet or netbook, I can see the entire note.

I use Evernote applications on a Windows machine at work and a Mac at home. Call me crazy, but font sizes on my Mac are much smaller than on my work computer. If I increase the font size so that I can read it, the text is enormous when I return to the Windows machine. Any help? Thanks!

The fonts used for note text in the mac are under Evernote >> Preferences... and under Tools >> Options >> Note in Windows. If you're just typing in plain text, we'll display it according to your preferences.

I would like to bump this. I use Evernote across a number of devices, and being able to zoom the text to something readable would help a lot when reading/writing. I do not want to change font size - heck, Evernote would still be useful to me, if I couldn't change fonts at all, but not being able to change the text size as read on screen is a real usability issue.

I use Evernote applications on a Windows machine at work and a Mac at home. Call me crazy, but font sizes on my Mac are much smaller than on my work computer. If I increase the font size so that I can read it, the text is enormous when I return to the Windows machine. Any help? Thanks!

What we really need is a ZOOM feature, not an actual change in text size.

The Mac standard, the Windows standard, and Browser standard is to use CMD +/- on the Mac and CTRL +/- on Win to ZOOM in/out. This does NOT change the actual text size stored on the doc, it merely changes the view.

Thanks.

I would also like a way to zoom / enlarge the screen while typing notes. I would like to reduce the text size when reading, and printing of course.

Otherwise, isn't the program rather cumbersome?

Thanks!

Archived