(Archived) HOWTO: Multi-copy note and print multiple notes?

flerfargspenna

I'm creating a journal for work and sometimes I'll have to print out specific notes. As described, each note is very short and I want a simple way to print chosen notes on one page, together. Without ruining (merging) the originals.

I've used evernote mobile for a few years but just started trying it on windows.

I have some trouble with simple things such as copy and print.

I selected 4 notes and pressed print. I thought it'd be obvious I want them on one sheet, since they were each just a few lines long. But no, my printer spat out 4 pages, with one note on each.

Ok, I figure I'll merge them first.

Merge my 4 notes and they become one, then I can print them. Fine.

Problem? Now I don't have my original 4 separate notes anymore.

I figure I have to copy them before I merge them, so that I can make a merged copy just for printing, and still have the originals left unaltered.

I made a new notebook to put my print-copies in and started copying.

Copying notes one by one is fine with the menu, although it's a bit slow but what really surprised me was that I cannot select many notes and then copy all of them into the other notebook. Why not?

Doing it one by one takes forever.

I'm creating a journal for work and sometimes I'll have to print out specific notes. As described, each note is very short and I want a simple way to print chosen notes on one page, together. Without ruining (merging) the originals.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a different way of doing this?

• Level 5*

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution within Evernote directly - it is what it is, and sometimes you have to work around its limits unless and until the big Elephant In The Sky decides that your feature should be included in the next upgrade. Shorter term I can only suggest that you look at exporting these notes into HTML, then cutting and pasting the notes into MSWord (or your WP of choice) and printing from there. Don't know how much effort that will be, and what the output will wind up looking like, but my lateral thinking fused slightly on any other options.

Would moving the notes temporarily to another notebook before you copy them speed up the process? I can Ctril-click several notes to move them in one operation, but you can't copy them in bulk - has to be one at a time.

• Level 5*

I selected 4 notes and pressed print. I thought it'd be obvious I want them on one sheet, since they were each just a few lines long. But no, my printer spat out 4 pages, with one note on each.

Does the following work?

Select your notes.

Menu: File / Print...

Select Options... (lower left corner of Print dialog)

Check the following option is enabled: [*] Print each note on a separate page

Select notes to be copied.

File -> Export -> as ENEX.

File -> Import -> ENEX.

A copy of the notes will now exist in a new Import notebook.

or

Merge notes.

Restore original notes from Trash.

Does the following work?

Select your notes.

This worked great for me! Thanks for suggesting it.

• 1 year later...

Does the following work?

Select your notes.

This worked great for me! Thanks for suggesting it.

It also worked for me but I now want to go a step further.  Is there a way to print ONLY the title of the note?

• Level 5

It also worked for me but I now want to go a step further.  Is there a way to print ONLY the title of the note?

After selecting the appropriate notes, right-click and select "Copy Note Links"

Then past into a new note. Just the titles will be pasted, and then print.

Archived