(Archived) HELP: Annoying notifications

Ubaid Ansari

Every time I record a Speech-to-Text note I get a 'USB storage device plugged in' notification - and these cannot be cleared from the notification pulldown tray. I'm guessing this 'USB' notification is a bug?

And every time I create or edit a note using the latest version of Evernote Android, I get a 'Note uploaded' notification when the note has been uploaded.

If some users need to have these notifications, can we at least have a configuration setting that allows us to tun them off?

Evernote_unwanted_notifications-20120427-165123.jpg.jpg

I'm using a Motorola Razr XT910 with Android 2.3.6.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem on my Razr Maxx. Each time I make a Speech-to-Text note, a notification pops up in the notifications bar that says "USB storage device plugged in." At the moment, since I just made five speech-to-text notes, I have five notifications in my notification bar.

The worst part is that there is no way to remove the notifications from the notification bar because there's no way to actually "unplug" the phantom USB drive. Force quitting Evernote does not remove the notifications. The only way to remove the notifications from the bar is to turn the phone off and back on. As the previous poster said, this is extremely troublesome and annoying.

• Level 5*

More annoying messages: I've just started getting notifications on my Galaxy S2 that my phone storage is full. All other app information and error messages take you to the relevant place in the app that needs attention, but this one simply takes me to the 'settings' page in Evernote which is not in any way helpful as far as I can see. I've cleared some storage space, but am still getting the warning. Am about to kill more irrelevant apps..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also having the same problem as the 1st post.

Every time I record a Speech-to-Text note I get a 'USB storage device plugged in' notification - and these cannot be cleared from the notification pulldown tray. I'm guessing this 'USB' notification is a bug?

And every time I create or edit a note using the latest version of Evernote Android, I get a 'Note uploaded' notification when the note has been uploaded.

If some users need to have these notifications, can we at least have a configuration setting that allows us to tun them off?

I'm using a Motorola Razr max XT912 with Android latest version 6.12.181.x912

Has there been a fix for this yet?

I have the same problem. Motorola Razr Maxx running Android 2.3.6. USB notification when uploading speech to text. "Eject" button does not work. Multiple notifications occur when uploading multple notes. The only way to clear the USB notifcations is to turn off the phone and restart. This definitely appears to be a bug.

I can also reproduce this bug on my razr maxx. Ejecting the usb storage does not work either.

Also, if i leave two speech to text notes in a row, I will get two copies of the notification in the notification bar.

EDIT: i sent a log as described above - if anyone at evernote needs more information, feel free to contact me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding to this thread. On the Moto Razr Maxx and have the same problem when doing recordings. I am also getting the "USB plugged in" message and can't remove it.

Would be nice to see a response back from Evernote on when this will be fixed.

Looks like its been a problem for months now.... pretty unacceptable if you ask me.....

Yup. I agree. I just downloaded the Evernote widget on my Razr Maxx and now I get the same notifications. The notification is still there after I deleted the speech to text notes. Is this just an annoyance or is anything else affected? Maybe I should just uninstall the widget...

• 1 month later...

Archived