(Archived) BUG [Chrome]: Clipper not working

TheChairman

I have been having issues too. When I try and clip an article soften only the first attempt works, the following times I no longer get the tips in the top left (about what the cursor keys do), and when I do clip the article nothing happens. Chrome version 17.0.963.79.

I was also having this problem, but reinstalling the extension and then updating Chrome from 17.0.963.79 m to 17.0.963.83 m seems to have fixed it. I just went to Tools -> About Google Chrome and it updated itself.

I was having the same problem using a dev version of Chrome (version 19.x) on Fedora. Reinstalling the clipper helped for a while but then the clipper failed again. I am back on the stable version (v17.x) now and the clipper is working. I have no idea if this is a Chrome problem or a harbinger of future compatibility issues.

@bgbarcus

We've noticed that typically the Chrome dev channel / Canary is not working well with Web Clipper. Once Chrome moves to beta channel Web Clipper works most often. We test against Stable and Beta but not on Linux variations (it may or may not work fine though also on Linux)

I have exactly the same problem, but, as I mentioned on Twitter, I can't change the Chrome version I'm using at work as it's locked down.

Currently using Chrome for Mac version 13.0.782.112 and web clipper version 5.2.

Is there an alternative way to get articles etc fed into Evernote for now? I use it all the time at home. I'd prefer not to have to email everything too.

Is there another archiving app that I can use that links into Evernote, perhaps?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My evernote web clipper didn't work for a while. When I clip the evernote thumbnail in the chrome extension bar, the evernote pop-up appears but no contents. Can somebody help me to fix it?

my environment: win 7 + chromme 15.0.874.121 m

thanks

My evernote web clipper didn't work for a while. When I clip the evernote thumbnail in the chrome extension bar, the evernote pop-up appears but no contents. Can somebody help me to fix it?

my environment: win 7 + chromme 15.0.874.121 m

thanks

I gather the answer is to upgrade to Chrome version 17, which is something I can't do for my work machine.

Hi all,

We are looking into this. The safest way is to always run Chrome stable (currently 17), I understand the constraints for work computers and updating them so we will look for ways to be better at backwards compatibility.

Just a note to say that I've discovered I can still use selection using the right-click menu method, it's just that the bubble doesn't open properly (as per picture attached by the OP) and you therefore can't clip selections/articles/urls that way.

Hi

I'm having the same problem today, all of a sudden. And I'm also in the same boat with a work lockdown. We're using V 12.0.742.100 . Unfortunately that's unlikely to change anytime soon..... I use the webclipper extensively when researching stuff and am desparate for this to work again....

web clipper not working...

chrome stable version 18.0.1025.151 m

tested on incognito mode with only web clipper extension enabled.

clipper opens, and shows post overlay, with key hints shown.

but pressing any of the arrow keys has no effect..

help with debugging would be appreciated.

Amir.

• 2 weeks later...

Web clipper 5.3.1 isn't working anymore. Within the the pop up box I can select what I like to have clipped from the drop down menu (Full Page, Selection, etc). When I click on the Save button next to the drop down button nothing happens.

I uninstalled and re-installed the extension. The clipper worked the first few times after re-install. However, now nothing happens when I click on the save button. I'm using Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m in Windows 7.

I use the clipper very frequently. Please look into this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Patrick

Clipping from Chrome quit working about a week ago on Windows 7.

Two Issues:

1) Clicking on the Clipper Icon does open the clip window, but the "Save ..." button does not do anything. The hover green color changes with mouse movement, but clicking does nothing.

I have removed the clipper extension and added it back (yesterday) but no change.

2) Evernote Clipping no longer is an option when right clicking over some selected text. "Clearly" remains as an option.

*** Thus I cannot clip from Chrome.

This is very frustrating when Chrome is my browser of choice.

Gary

Web clipper 5.3.1 isn't working anymore. Within the the pop up box I can select what I like to have clipped from the drop down menu (Full Page, Selection, etc). When I click on the Save button next to the drop down button nothing happens.

I uninstalled and re-installed the extension. The clipper worked the first few times after re-install. However, now nothing happens when I click on the save button. I'm using Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m in Windows 7.

I use the clipper very frequently. Please look into this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Patrick

Ditto for me, however, the work version of Chrome I use is 15.0.874.106, which I can't do anything about as it's a locked down corporate machine.

Hi all,

We are looking into this and would like to ask for some more info so we can reproduce the issue:

- What Chrome version are you using?

- What OS version are you using?

- What Web Clipper version is installed? Go to 'Manage Extensions'

The best immediate suggestion I have is to verify you are using Web Clipper version 5.3.1. Uninstalling and then re-installing from Chrome Web Store can help:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc

Thanks for your reports.

Patrick

Ditto for me, however, the work version of Chrome I use is 15.0.874.106, which I can't do anything about as it's a locked down corporate machine.

Evernote's customer service recommended that I uninstall/de-activate all non-evernote extensions. This did not solve the problem either. (I'm not using a Chrome beta version). This entire episode with the clipper started for me when evernote upgraded the clipper to a version which automatically suggests tags. Further, I have this issue at two computers - both at work and at home. I'm surprised this topic hasn't gained more traction given that the clipper is one of Evernote's key features.

We are looking into this issue. So far we have not been able te reproduce it on any Windows 7 box. So the more granular reports we can get the faster we can fix it.

If someone has a few minutes over and can produce a screen capture video that could prove very helpful.

Other info we can benefit from:

- URL of the site you're trying to clip.

- Logs from Web Clipper. ( find this in the Options page > View event logs link at the bottom of the page.

Other things that have caused problems in the past:

- Conflicts with other extensions. Turning them off one by one and testing to clip. ( Adblock, NoScript, Diigo etc.)

- If you are behind a proxy.

Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are experiencing the broken Clipper it would be extremely helpful if you can post the event logs from the Web Clippers settings page.

1) Goto Web Clipper options

2) Click on the link at the bottom saying 'View Event Logs' - Copy the event list

3) Post them back on this thread or send them as a PM to me.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Welcome to the forums, koval. As jbignert said above, Evernote support can better address this issue if you share your event logs.

If you are experiencing the broken Clipper it would be extremely helpful if you can post the event logs from the Web Clippers settings page.

1) Goto Web Clipper options

2) Click on the link at the bottom saying 'View Event Logs' - Copy the event list

3) Post them back on this thread or send them as a PM to me.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

I am having the same problem as Patrick. After the latest update, it just won't save. Here is my log

12:33:46 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) (WARN) /popup.html: error getting smart filing info.

at Object.populateSmartFilingInfo [as cb] (/js/popup/Popup2.js:583:11)

at chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/libs/jabsorb/jsonrpc.js:793:11

Hi all,

We believe we've found the issue and here is a new beta version 5.3.2 that hopefully fixes it for you.

See this note for download and installation instructions:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/24679d66-5e37-4ab0-8104-c0632c9bff58/aa0adf4280f6ee1e0f22a5f9fdebce2b

Appreciate if as many affected users as possible could verify if the fix works or not. Thank you and sorry for the hassle.

I am having a problem as well. doesn't seem limited to Chrome as I have tried it in Firefox and Safari and as well. For months I have been clipping pages from www.foodandwine.com. For the last two days when I use the clipper to clip a full page - I only get part of the page.

I am having a problem as well. doesn't seem limited to Chrome as I have tried it in Firefox and Safari and as well. For months I have been clipping pages from www.foodandwine.com. For the last two days when I use the clipper to clip a full page - I only get part of the page.

Most likely cause of this is that the site is using Flash to render the "missing" part of the page.

Hi all,

We believe we've found the issue and here is a new beta version 5.3.2 that hopefully fixes it for you.

http://www.evernote....f22a5f9fdebce2b

Appreciate if as many affected users as possible could verify if the fix works or not. Thank you and sorry for the hassle.

I was having issues (save button does nothing) on Windows 7 with Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m, and this update has fixed the issue. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

http://www.evernote....f22a5f9fdebce2b

This works beautifully with my Chromium Browser 18.0.1025.168 (Developer's version: 134367 Linux) Ubuntu 12.04 (w/XFCE 4.10), thanks!

Archived