(Archived) Evernote to Outlook Sync

Kevin2

I've been searching for a while now and cannot seem to find a product that will sync Evernote notes to Outlook Notes (not OneNote). When I say sync, I mean to synchronize the two repeatedly/continually. Sync does not mean to import/export from one to the other, or an outlook plugin that sends emails to EN.

For example, iTunes will sync iPhone calendar/contacts/notes to Outlook. If I modify on one, the other is updated during sync. If the same note is modified on both Outlook and Evernote, the sync application detects this and gives me a choice on which to keep.

I really like the web clipping capabilities of EN website and chrome browser. I have the iphone app and like the camera clipping capability so I don't have random pictures of receipts or products mixed in with thousands of pictures of my kids. But... I think the iPhone notes (which sync to Outlook) have a big advantage in the quick search capability from the iPhone home screen search (spotlight I think it is called?).

Plus I have had all my info in Outlook for 15 or so years now. It isn't perfect, but it has been around and will be around for a long time I believe. I have been playing with other apps/sites for past couple years due to some of the limitations in iOS (they didn't have tasks/todo/reminders, so I started using Toodledo).

Actually I did find one windows application called gSyncit but it is $20. Looking for something free.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Level 5*

Just my 2¢ but I'd ditch Outlook notes. It is the redheaded stepchild of Outlook objects. It hasn't been enhanced in years, and is actually less functional today than it was in Outlook 97 and 98. MS offers no client sync through the Exchange ActiveSync protocol and now that OneNote is out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Outlook Notes disappear.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I'm a gsyncit user it's awesome.

This is what I do with it. I use it to sync my outlook contacts with google this then syncs with my android phone using the normal google sync.

This also happens with calendar.

So any contact I add on the phone ends up in outlook and anything I put on outlook ends up on the phone. Bye bye manufacturer sync software for sense...

Then for notes I use gsyncit and this syncs to my evernote which then syncs down to my android phone using note on sense or evernote for android.

$20 is nothing considering that the software will be good for 3 years or so... It's not a subscription it's a one off unless theres a major update.

Archived