cropping, resizing and annotations in images?

is this possible? it would be a VERY helpful feature. currently when clipping, there is only the option for the entie page or wahtever is highlighted, which includes the entire image if that is selected.

this makes it very tough to only have a portion of an image, particularly in the case of wanting to create a tutorial.

related to this is the need for being able to annotate notes and images, so that collaborating users can make comments overlaying the note itself.

thanks!

• Level 5*

I can't think of any tools that would allow you to choose and copy part of an image on a web page apart from what are essentially screen-grab utilities like the snipping tool. There's something called Fireshot (FF add-in) that will do something similar for webpages and selected areas of web pages / screens and save the result to JPG / PNG / PDF formats. Sounds like you're looking for something fairly unusual even for image-handling software, which Evernote - even including Skitch - isn't.

There's software out there designed to help with training and support videos - you might be better off googling and using that. Try "Screen Capture" as a search term.

• Level 5*

this makes it very tough to only have a portion of an image, particularly in the case of wanting to create a tutorial.

Actually this is not tough at all. After you have captured the text and images to Evernote, just right-click on the image of interest and select "Open with ..." and choose your favorite image editing app.

Using Skitch or SnagIT you can easily crop, resize, rotate, and annotate the image, and save it back to the same Note.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually this is not tough at all. After you have captured the text and images to Evernote, just right-click on the image of interest and select "Open with ..." and choose your favorite image editing app.

Using Skitch or SnagIT you can easily crop, resize, rotate, and annotate the image, and save it back to the same Note.

as of today, unfortunately there is no app on iPhone can let you resize the image.

• Level 5*

as of today, unfortunately there is no app on iPhone can let you resize the image.

I'm not sure if I understand your statement, but I have found a number of iPhone apps that allow you to resize the image after you take the photo. Genius Scan+ is my favorite.

• Level 5*

Please note that this is the Windows forum, so answers are going to be tailored towards that platform.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

JMichael, what are the steps, using SnagIT to save a the edited photo back to the same EverNote, Windows App version?

1. In Evernote, Right-click on image/photo and select "Open with SnagIT"
  2. Edit the photo in SnagIT
  3. In SnagIT menu, select "Save"
  4. Close SnagIT window (CTRL+W)
  5. Image/Photo will be automatically updated in Evernote

• 1 month later...

JMichael, what are the steps, using SnagIT to save a the edited photo back to the same EverNote, Windows App version?

Thanks. That works, but this is a bit of a pain compared with OneNote for example, where you just resize the image right in the note. It's literally a 1 click operation.

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure if I understand your statement, but I have found a number of iPhone apps that allow you to resize the image after you take the photo. Genius Scan+ is my favorite.

thx for your advise. i wonder if anyone are in fond of programming  a apps by yourselves.I happen to know some about [url=http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/image-annotating/url]Image editing tool 

capable of reading, editing and converting most common document image formats,including Bitmap, Jpeg, Gif, Png, Tiff, Jpeg2000, DICOM, JBIG2, PDF, MSWord ...

• 10 months later...

Great info! enough for my situation.

It contains the whole life cycle in terms of taking images, processing and then annotating them.

:)

Great info! enough for my situation.

It contains the whole life cycle in terms of taking images, processing and then annotating them.

:)

We have Annotation built into the Windows application that allows you to crop, draw arrows and other features!

• Level 5*

"We have Annotation built into the Windows application that allows you to crop, draw arrows and other features!"

Any direct link or article for detail?

Thanks in advance.

Save a picture or a PDF in Evernote.  Hover over picture.  Choose "Annotate" option...

Save a picture or a PDF in Evernote.  Hover over picture.  Choose "Annotate" option...

I can't see that option at all (latest EN, 5.1.2.2387). Is it supposed to magically appear while the pointer is over an image, or be an option in the context menu?

I can't see that option at all (latest EN, 5.1.2.2387). Is it supposed to magically appear while the pointer is over an image, or be an option in the context menu?

I think the version where annotation is added is still a beta version.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/52687-evernote-for-windows-520-beta-1/

thx for your advise. i wonder if anyone are in fond of programming a apps by yourselves.I happen to know some about [url=http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/image-annotating/url]Image editing tool

capable of reading, editing and converting most common document image formats,including Bitmap, Jpeg, Gif, Png, Tiff, Jpeg2000, DICOM, JBIG2, PDF, MSWord ...

Well, I was interested until I saw the prices... Short of winning a lottery, those price will forever be far beyond my mean. :(

• 2 years later...
On 7/29/2012 at 4:50 PM, JMichaelTX said:

@JMichaelTXThis is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much! 

• 2 years later...
On 9/14/2012 at 12:32 PM, Snkscore said:

Thanks. That works, but this is a bit of a pain compared with OneNote for example, where you just resize the image right in the note. It's literally a 1 click operation.

I was hoping Evernote would handle organizing PDFs in a better way than OneNote.

My OneNote workflow to organize dozens of unrelated notes scanned as one multipage PDF:

• Insert PDF as printouts: this needs the Win10 app because OneNote 2016 crashes when I try this.
  • Resize / crop / rotate the printouts, using a free feature of the OneTastic addin; this needs the OneNote 2016 program because OneTastic is an addin. (It's important to me to crop the image directly instead of using screenshots, to keep the text from getting blurry.)
  • Organize printouts in my OneNote folder hierarchy; i.e. make a new page in AnotherNotebook > ProjectXYZ > PrototypeImage and cut/paste the cropped printout; this needs OneNote 2016 because you can't drag notes between different instances of the Win10 app.

Once I have this set up, I can view my PDFs organized from the desktop app, the web app, and phone app.

I'm trying to set up this workflow in Evernote because it's a pain to do it from OneNote, but I can't figure out how to do any of these steps in Evernote :\

Archived