(Archived) Can you make Evernote for Android play wav files?

New Daddy

I have both iOS devices and Android devices.

I've just discovered that audio notes are recorded in different formats in the two operating systems - iOS is wav and Android in amr.

The problem is that Evernote for Android cannot play back wav files and directs me to other audio players that can.

For true, seamless integration across multiple operating systems, I think it would be really nice if Evernote for Android can play back wav files.

Is there a way to do that?

http://discussion.ev...4523#entry74523

Is there a way to do that?

Yes...

The problem is that Evernote for Android cannot play back wav files and directs me to other audio players that can.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is exactly how the desktop app works as well. If you click on an attachment icon, the app for that file type is invoked.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is exactly how the desktop app works as well. If you click on an attachment icon, the app for that file type is invoked.

That's how the desktop app works. At least not the desktop app for Windows. It can play back both wav and amr files in-app, without invoking a default audio player for the file type. And that's what I'm looking to do with Evernote for Android - playiing wav files in-app, without invoking an outside audio player.

That's how the desktop app works. At least not the desktop app for Windows. It can play back both wav and amr files in-app, without invoking a default audio player for the file type. And that's what I'm looking to do with Evernote for Android - playiing wav files in-app, without invoking an outside audio player.

Yes, but in Android if you open a PDF it makes you select your PDF reader, if you have not set one, so I think that sound format files are doing the same thing.

I wonder if in the desktop app the app does the same thing, but more seamlessly. I don't have a lot of sound files, but in looking at them I notice that they are marked as Real Sound files in the desktop app for Windows, Yes, they appear to play right in Evernote program, not opening another Real window, but are they still calling Real to do the playing? With PDF files, it is clear, if I double click them in the Windows desktop app they open in Adobe Reader.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I found Remote Wave Free played the WAV files on my Android device which had been recorded on an iOS device.

The problem is that even downloading an app from play store to play wav files, still Evernote tries to open the audio note with the default samsung audio player, that doesn't support wav files.

How can I direct Evernote to use another app to play the wav files?

Archived