(Archived) Evernote on Android 4 (ICS) no longer saves links?

zvr

I have been using Evernote on my Android phone for quite some time.

I usually read Twitter while on a train ride, and interesting tweets that point to content I'd like to see later I save to Evernote with a tag "2see". This worked flawlessly, from both the Twitter and Seismic application: "Share" "Evernote" "Tag" "Done".

However, since my phone was upgraded to Android 4 last week, the exact same steps produce different results: new notes are being created, but the links inside them are saved just as texts, and not as actual links.

So, while a saved tweet from the past would be like:

Computer Science (CompSciFact):

Introduction to Domain Theory
via @Jose_A_Alonso

(Sent via Seesmic
)

Currently saved tweets are like [manipulated, so that forum doesn't automatically turn them into links]:

Computer Science (CompSciFact):

RT @JamesMcNellis: 57 Small Programs that Crash Compilers httρ://blog.regehr.org/archives/696

httρ://twitter.com/C...745992098054144

(Sent via Seesmic httρ://www.seesmic.com)

It's obvious that this is not so useful; one has to manually copy and paste the URL text. Since this is happening with two different applications, I suspect it's not their fault. On the other hand, Evernote is the same application (same version) used in both cases, so it doesn't seem to be its fault, either. The only change was the upgrade to Android 4.

I find it strange that this is not being reported by others. It seems I may have missed a setting (hopefully).

Any ideas / fiixes?

Many thanks in advance!

Using:

Evernote Build 238517/ Version 3.6.2(public)

Android 4.0.4 on Nexus S

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. Looking at the new enml files and comparing them to earlier enml files I have noticed that the HTML anchor tag and href attribute are indeed missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived