(Archived) REQUEST: Selective sync of audio notes

I find myself recording a lot of audio notes and they are consuming a substantial amount of memory on my iPad & iPhone.

I would love to sync & retain the audio notes on my computers that have ample hard drive space, but not my portable devices.

However, in the current version of the Evernote client, I don't readily see a easy way to manage audio notes - so I wanted to suggest adding a method to Evernote to enable this feature.

I envision this as:

• Desktop client confirms the audio note sync completed and the respective file is available for management
  • User can then mark the audio file in the note for "archiving" on their mobile devices (where the type or other objects in note remain available)
  • During the next synchronization, the portable device would update the note to have just a link to associated audio file
  • User could then click on the link on their portable device to retrieve the synchronized note or use the desktop client to bring the audio file back to the portable device

So, that begs the question: would it be possible to add a feature to the Evernote desktop software that allows one to not sync selected audio notes to a portable device?

• Level 5*

So you want to share an audio file between clients, and have it available on demand, but don't want it to be stored locally? I can imagine there being more than a little download time to acquire the file(s). However as far as I can see this is what Evernote does now. Unless you have your notebook set for offline searching, notes will be loaded as and when they're needed; there is a local cache which can be cleared through ~settings to keep the local footprint to a minimum.

Archived