Good Software?

jtheile

Hi,

I have plans to go paperless and already own a fairly good scanner so I want to continue using it.

However I'm looking for a good software to directly scan into EN. I understand the SnapScan software has it but I assume it is incapable to work with my (Samsung) scanner.

Any ideas? I'm using Win7.

Thanks!

Johannes

I've used three versions of Paperport over the years. I'm currently using PP 14 Pro & really like it. The original version I had came bundled with my Xerox Documate 510 scanner. But AFAIK, you can use any scanner with it, since it shows my other (TWAIN, WIA, ISIS) scanners, if I choose to select a different scanner. One of the annoying things about Nuance is that I don't think they have trial versions, but they do have 30 day money back guarantees. Of course, it's always easier to use a trial version than getting your money back. But I did get my refund pretty painlessly when I bought one version of Dragon from them, then decided I wanted the one with the bluetooth earpiece rather than the wired earpiece.

Thanks to both of you for your ideas. Both options sound good specially as Nuance seems to offer trial versions since a while. I came over this ScanDrop software - has anyone experience with it?

I do do have any experience with ScanDrop, but must second BurgerNFires suggestion on Paperport. It came with my printer, but I recently upgraded to version 14 standard. I could not be happier. I'm also working on becoming paperless and find the ability to manipulate the files incredible.

I tried Paperport 14 but have to say that I absolutely dislike it. Installation takes ages and the program surface does not look intuitive at all - more or less very bloated - ok I know it's a powerful tool. And what really disturbes me is the integrated document filing solution which I do not need at all, as I want to use the much nicer/better EN. :-)

Well I keep on searching. Next option is the automatic import folder... Or I need to buy a Fujitsu Scanner :-/

• 2 weeks later...

Well, yesterday I bought the Fujitsu SnapScan S1300 and its a great device. JUst works perfect, software is great and scanning is so easy!

Did you look at the ScanSnap S1500 series, which comes bundled with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro? The cost difference is less than the cost of buying them separately.

Archived