(Archived) REQUEST: Mouse-less finding and editing of notes

yogeshwersharma

Idea

Hi there,

I like to reduce the use of mouse, and there is one action I see myself doing all the time in Evernote... and would love to hear if I can do this without using the mouse.

I am using Mac, Lion. I have Version 3.0.6 (01/31/2012) build 221382 of Evernote.

Here are the steps:

1. Clear the search (and go to all notes).

2. Focus on the search box.

3. Enter some text in the search bar to find some note(s). Let us say 8 notes match the search query.

4. (bonus) Go to, let us say, third note in the search results (out of 8 found).

5. Go in the edit area of the selected note, and change the note.

6. Save the note.

That is all. I have a keyboard shortcut for 1+2 using Butler. 3 is just entering some text. I don't know how to do 4... change from first selected note in the index to second and third and later. 5 is the killer and my _main_ questions...

Questions: How do I go to the edit area of the selected note?

6 is fine, just Cmd+S.

Being able to do this just from keyboard will be very very effective (for me, and I am sure others would like this too). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

~yogi

4 replies to this idea

Hi Yogi,

keyboard friendliness is something I wish also. Finding your way with only keyboard in Evernote is just pain. I'm surprised how such vital component in otherwise good product has been left out.

Evernote folks, please take a look at Jetbrains' Intellij IDEA and it's Command+Shift+A "Enter action or option name" dialog. Just make an autocomplete heavy dialog with actions like "add tag books". "move to Projects" or plain simple "This is the title of a note in my Evern...".

Thanks!

Agreed. Most frustrating missing feature: no search all notes keyboard command. requiring a mouse click to the upper left corner is just not it.

Suggestion: Shift CMD F searches all notes with out changing selection or changes selection to all notes and enters cursor in main search field

• Level 5*

Agreed. Most frustrating missing feature: no search all notes keyboard command. requiring a mouse click to the upper left corner is just not it.

Suggestion: Shift CMD F searches all notes with out changing selection or changes selection to all notes and enters cursor in main search field

Is the Evernote Global Search at Evernote > Preferences > Shortcuts not working for you?

Is the Evernote Global Search at Evernote > Preferences > Shortcuts not working for you?

Thanks for that. It works fine. I read through all the keyboard shortcut guides and missed that somehow. Thanks again.

Archived