Quality of voice recording really bad: is it Evernote or my phone?

The quality of voice recording with Evernote for Android is really bad. Is it the app or my smartphone, which is Motorola Droid 4. I have other voice recording apps, like Tape-a-Talk, and they play back CD-quality voice, so I tend to think it's Evernote.

I don't want to run another app solely for the purpose of voice recording a note to self. Evernote should be able to cover that too. Is there room for improving the quality of voice recording in Evernote?

No it's Evernote. For some reason, Evernote employees choose to use the lowest quality format possible, even for the premium version (at least use something decent like WAV for premium...at the very least).

Because of that, the voice recording on Evernote is total waste, and there's no point in using it when virtually every single other voice recording app on the Android market uses WAV. EVen when i speak loudly in a quiet environment it's still muffled and barely audible. Don't even bother using it in any real world situation because you won't be able to hear about 60% of what you've said.

It's a bit like writing on stone tablets when you can MS Word on your PC :P

• 3 years later...

This is a old thread but it has just become a issue for me.

I was using Evernote on a old Galaxy S2 and voice recordings were fine but sense i go a Galaxy S5 I have real trouble with muffled recordings is there anything that can be done?

• 2 years later...

Archived