Relocating Saved Searches

Skittler

I may have missed this, but is it possible to reorder things in the left hand navigation area?

In particular I would like my Saved Searches section to appear above my Tags Section, so that (in order) I see Notebooks, Saved Searches, Tags, Attributes, Trash.

Thanks,

Dave

An alternative is to collapse Saved Searches in the Nav Panel and then drag it to the Favorites Bar. This also makes the searches searchable. I usually work with Left Panel hidden (F10).

• Level 5*

I work with the left panel open, but with Tags and Attributes usually closed, Notebooks and Saved Searches open. And I keep the Evernote ads turned on, even though I am a "premie". :) Tags and Saved Searches also go on the toolbar, along with a small number (5 or so) of transient individual tags and/or saved searches that are in current use, but available to be swapped out as I move to other projects.

Just to add, the saved search favourites menu, is available whether it is pinned to the favorites bar or not. It's actually available all of the time, regardless of whether you use the favorites bar. It is invoked with the hotkey. So you don't actually have to use the favorites bar if you don't want to.

Alt + Shift + S

Same applies for the notebooks/tags/attributes and their shortcuts ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi all

I'm missing the "Saved Search" in the left pane...

ALT+SHIFT+S or any other shortcut does not work. Is there a checklist for this?

Win 7.1 64bit

Evernote 5.2.1.3108 Public

post-64659-0-49464200-1395643963_thumb.p

• Level 5*

Hi all

Win 7.1 64bit

This is a change to the UI. There is no longer any "Saved Search" member of the left panel; it's been replaced by "Shortcuts". See the Knowledge Base article here: http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23314941. If you have problems with that, feel free to ask questions here. It may not be as clear as it could be.

Note that you can drag notebooks and tags directly to the Shortcuts list, you may find that convenient as well.

• Level 5*

Hi all

Win 7.1 64bit

As jefito mentioned, the "Saved Searches" group was removed.  This is a very bad design decision, IMO.  I see no reason to have done this.

However, on the Mac client you can see your saved searches when you click in the Search box -- they appear in a drop down box.  You might try this in the Win client.

• Level 5*

However, on the Mac client you can see your saved searches when you click in the Search box -- they appear in a drop down box.  You might try this in the Win client.

This works in the Windows client as well.  Once the saved search shows up in the search box you can then drag it to Shortcuts, or a RMB on the saved search will give you the option to Add to Shortcuts.

• Level 5

I see no reason to have done this.

Perhaps one is unification.

Having the saved searches universally available in the search bar works across all clients (desktop and mobile) and builds muscle memory.

That's significant as desktop numbers decline, relative to phone/tablet users.

Plus with the focus on natural language in the search, getting Evernote to do ever more of the thinking and crafting, as well as suggesting of searches, it sort of makes sense to consolidate the use cases in the search field.

In the v4 world, you crafted everything manually. A separate saved search group perhaps made more sense then.

Archived