HOWTO [Chrome]: Multiple tags in clipper

charlieopp

Pretty basic q here but can't find anywhere. When I'm using Clipper in Chrome and I want to add multiple tags, how do I separate the tags? Right now when I type in say Chrome Clipper Tag in the tags field I get one tag called "Chrome Clipper Tag". # doesn't seem to do it as I then get one tag that says "#Chrome #Clipper #Tag".

Thanks,

Charlie

Thanks, got it.

One followup: If I use the autocomplete selections, how do I remove from the autocomplete list, tags that I have subsequently decide to eliminate like that "#Chrome #Windows #Clipper" tag that I really didn't want?

Thanks again,

Charlie

You can use backspace or other standard character edit keys to modify the tags before the clip is complete.

If you have already clipped the note then fix the tags in one of the clients by clicking the "x" in the tag box for the note.

If you want to delete the tag from all notes then use the client left navigation panel, right click the tag and select delete from the context menu.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm able to delete unneeded tags. The issue is that even after I delete the tags in the left navigation panel, they still show up in the autocomplete list. I'm just trying to clean out the autocomplete list so that they are no longer suggested.

Thanks again,

Charlie

Hmm, didn't work. I actually restarted the computer. These tags are definitely removed from the left pane in the app. Interestingly, it seems that these items have been cleared completely out of the App. But not Clipper. Any other thoughts about how to clear the clipper cache?

Charlie

Good thought but no, I don't have "hide unassigned tags" set. In fact, I toggled it just to make sure.

Interestingly in the App, if I try to use one of the previously eliminated tags, there's no autocomplete suggestion for it. On the other hand, if I do the same thing in Clipper, there they are. I've run a manual sync too. I've tried to backspace/delete when the errant autocomplete suggestion is selected but that doesn't do anything.

Nothing in the options for the extension or the app that looks relevant.

Any other ideas?

Charlie

Somewhat off topic (but not too much) am I the only one for whom the Chrome clipper no longer seems to work? I am using the Canary ( I think that's what it's called) build of Chrome (v19.0.1061.1). And when I click the EN clipper button, I get nothing, but a very small empty pop-up (See image). Not sure if it is an extension conflict or what.

Oddly enough, the Clearly clipper does seem to work...

post-44009-0-15935600-1331658587_thumb.p

• 2 years later...

I have used Evernote & Clipper for PC/Chrome browser for a long time.  I would like to on clipping an article add multiple tags without using the mouse. Currently I have been doing multiple tags usually 3 or 4.  Now maybe its better to just put a comment in that includes all the tag words.  Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Archived