New list vertical view in version 4.5.4.6387 [230954]

helix

Great!

In thread http://bit.ly/xxFr3k Peter wrote:

After revision 227817 note list view orientation can be changed to vertical by setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/VerticalListView to 1. Please make sure you fully exit Evernote using File/Exit before changing its application registry. Sorry, this option is not exposed in the UI at this point.

Vertical list view columns are configurable in exactly the same way as horizontal list view columns: right click on a column header and check columns you want to see. Drag the column header around to change column order. Click on a column header to change sorting order.

Just followed the instructions above and checked it in the new pre-release Evernote_4.5.4 beta 2 (4.5.4.6387 [230954]). Working as described. Pls be aware that the new vertical view cannot be toggled with the other horizontal view (unless you change the registry again).

Thanks EN! :)

• Level 5*

This appears to work as described in the quote. I'd forgotten about it, frankly. Tried it out and I think I'm sticking with Snippet view; even though it's not configurable, it gives me more of what I want to see in a reasonably compact -- and unobtrusive -- format. I haven't used List View in ages.

Tested and the view is a keeper for me.

I use the Windows client for Evernote database maintenance on a 1920x1024 24" monitor in full screen mode.

The note view in horizontal list mode was much too wide, but, the attribute view was just what I needed when I was working with collections of notes which needed to be quickly sorted by e.g. sourceurl.

This mode gives me:

• the much more useful snippet note view
  • full access to attributes
  • more notes visible in the list

And yeah, hiding note views (Ctrl+F11) makes the two modes (horizontal or vertical list) identical.

Great!

In thread http://bit.ly/xxFr3k Peter wrote:

After revision 227817 note list view orientation can be changed to vertical by setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/VerticalListView to 1. Please make sure you fully exit Evernote using File/Exit before changing its application registry. Sorry, this option is not exposed in the UI at this point.

Vertical list view columns are configurable in exactly the same way as horizontal list view columns: right click on a column header and check columns you want to see. Drag the column header around to change column order. Click on a column header to change sorting order.

Just followed the instructions above and checked it in the new pre-release Evernote_4.5.4 beta 2 (4.5.4.6387 [230954]). Working as described. Pls be aware that the new vertical view cannot be toggled with the other horizontal view (unless you change the registry again).

Thanks EN! :)

It'd be really nice if we could get this in the Mac version... :-)

• Level 5*

You don't need to post this everywhere you find a reference to the Windows version of this feature. The usual expectation is that features developed for one desktop client will migrate to the other one (sometimes it takes some time). I'm guessing that the Evernote folks have this on their list already, though scheduled who-knows-when...

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*

Change between Vertical view and Horizontal view should be available in the UI, and not only as a registry tweak.

If you're still using the Windows 4.x versions, then that line is not going to change. In the Windows version 5 series, Ctrl+Shift+F5 will toggle between horizontal and vertical list views. That may well work on later 4.x versions, as well. Worth a try...

Archived