(Archived) QUESTION [Chrome]: Something I noted about the clipper which I am curious about

Neokrw

Ok. So I have plenty of Notebooks by now. I still have the original notebook, Neokrw's Notebook. Now, it was my default, but I changed it to another notebook so my clips could be sent to that notebook. (I put the settings for the clipper to clip to the DEFAULT notebook) Keep in mind I was using the Desktop client first. Ok, so I clip. It goes to Neokrw's notebook. WAT?!? Ok. Weird.

I keep doing this. Over and over. I lurk the forums a bit to see if anyone has had this problem. Nothing. Anyways, I'm still trying to figure this thing out. I clip again, and this time when the popup thingy for the clip comes up, I click view to see where it goes. It goes to the web client. So I wonder, that I might have to also edit the clip settings in the web client too. I had a bit of trouble finding it, but I did. (I right click on the evernote clipper extension) AHA, it was set to remember. So I clicked it off that, and put it on default.

IT still went to Neokrw's notebook. More repetitive OMG stuff. Ok, now here comes the good part. I click on the extension, and there comes up some status thing with a drop down list of the notebooks. And there is Neokrw's Notebook selected. I selected another Notebook, and the clipping was sent to THAT notebook!

Any thoughts on this? I am actually fine with that. I can just change the folder there whenever I want to clip things specifically from time to time. Is there still a use for default notebooks in that case? (not that I haven't thought of that, rather I didn't, because I was too lazy)

Now that I think of it, is there a shortcut to changing notebooks for clip settings? : D I also don't know why but I always say Folder instead of Notebooks. xD

Nope. I double checked to be sure though.

EDIT: LOL. I did save the settings btw. I meant no to *leaving it on remember*

I do have to log out at times for settings to really take effect.

Now here is what i had problems with:

http://localhostr.co...note%20clip.jpg

Now as you can see, the first arrow (to the left) points to that evernote status thingy. It seems to overwrite the settings I had for it. In both the desktop client and web client, I have it set to default. But even though I set it to default, that status thing will have a drop list and is currently on a notebook that ISN'T a default.

The second arrow. Now, I had to log out from that extension AND evernote to be able to get things to somehow work. If you get my drift.

"Entire webpage clippings" is your Default Evernote Notebook (it has a * in the notebook icon).

You have to change the default in Evernote client to change the default for clipper.

The second clipper destination notebook option, Clip to specific notebook, may be a better fit to your needs.

Archived