(Archived) BUG [Chrome]: Clipper crashes Chrome/Mac when trying to clip articles

rosiewrose

Moved this topic to the web forum where it will get better attention.

Hi Rosie,

Can you post your system details so we can try to reproduce the issue.

OSX version

Chrome version

Evernote Web Clipper version

Also IF the issue is happening on a specific URL please post that as well.

I have discovered the same problem on my older 15inch MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. I've re-installed Clipper and Chrome is up to date. I clip and then a second or two later get death pizza and have to force quit. V frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a MacBook Pro, Snowleopard. I have another identical machine that doesn't have the problem.

Chrome is the latest, 18.0.1025.151.

Don't know what Evernote clipper it is, but I uninstalled and reinstalled, so I'm assuming it's the latest.

Any more ideas?

It does clip the segment, but causes Chrome to shut down in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar issues. Evernote causes Chrome to freeze when clipping (so I have to "Force quit" Chrome). This happens especially after I've been away for the computer for a while and come back to try and clip something. After restarting Chrome, Evernote seems to work fine for a while.

Evernote clipper: 5.3.1

Chrome Version: 18.0.1025.163

If this issue is resolved, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having serious issues with the clipper since the recent major update. I've tried installing the temporary fix extension, but it does the same thing as before, just more consistently now, with any URLs.

It will clip the first couple notes better than before the update -- quickly, and it calls up the notes to edit or view in the browser faster than before, too. Then, after four or five notes, it starts stalling. It will bring up a little yellow icon showing how many notes I have queued which have not yet uploaded to Evernote. It will continue this way (I've accidentally gone up to 15 notes before) until I completely quit Chrome and restart -- then it repeats the same thing, stalling, when I try clipping again. With the restart I will have lost all the notes I had tried to clip.

The web clipper is how I make 50% of my notes, and this is very irritating!

OS X: 10.5.8

Evernote clipper: 5.3.2

Chrome Version: 18.0.1025.163

Just an update:

I turned off auto-article selection, and the auto-predict for notebooks. It appears to have solved the problems, and I am using the now very snappy clipper with no issues... so far. The clips happen fast and previewing/editing the clips in-browser happens fast, and there is no build-up of notes waiting to be sent, with the yellow icon.

Just an update:

I turned off auto-article selection, and the auto-predict for notebooks. It appears to have solved the problems, and I am using the now very snappy clipper with no issues... so far. The clips happen fast and previewing/editing the clips in-browser happens fast, and there is no build-up of notes waiting to be sent, with the yellow icon.

I turned off auto-article selection, and the auto-predict for notebooks. Chrome has not crashed yet after two successful clips but I do still see the yellow notes icon over the evernote icon in chrome after it finished the two clips. So something funny is still going on with that but the good news it that chrome has not crashed yet and clipping is much faster.

Archived