Using Evernote in an insurance agency

I run a smallish (3 employees) health / life insurance agency. I'm curious to know if there are any others in a business of this type who have integrated EN into your business "environment." What works, what doesn't, and how are you using it?

• Level 5*

Evernote is not the tool you want to use for a business that deals with sensitive, personal, data of others.

In various blogs, web pages, and forum posts, Evernote employees have made statements to the effect of:

• Evernote does NOT have the necessary security or certifications needed for health, medical, and similar industries
  • Evernote is designed as a consumer end-user tool.

• Level 5*

OK I'll hands up to a (UK) insurance background, and while Evernote is everything that my esteemed colleagues above have mentioned, I can see some productive uses. Just to add one more on the negative side, Evernote sucks (sorry guys) for anything like real-time collaboration; but it is absolutely ace for sharing large amounts of look-up information. So; I'd see this as holding (corporate) contact details, rating tables, policy wordings, commission rates, special schemes - anything you currently have to take time to research or look up online, you can now research once and save the result in Evernote. Anyone can then find the information quickly and effectively from any suitable mobile device. You'd have to password-protect anything commercially sensitive, and avoid like the plague anything personal - but with caution Evernote should enable you to move a long way toward that mythical paper-free zone. From my experience in the market I know that insurance tends to generate paper rather than avoid it - this might help you stem the tide.

• 2 years later...

I am in the same field but I have not used Evenote for the same yet.. Thanks for the feedback guys it helps me a lot. For insurance sales jobs i have a reference, visit, if it can help you out. 

No doubt Evernote can be great option as it had many options available that can make the insurance job more easy.

Archived