Widget / gadget for desktop

Hello,

is there any plugin or something that we can show our notes on desktop, like 'sticky notes' in windows 7? At this time I use evernote and sticky notes (sn) at this same time, because from sn I have really quick access to my notes and I always see them on desktop it's really nice. But of course I like synchronization with my smartphone that's why I use evernote for some my notes. Is there any chance to show some notes on windows desktop as widget/gadget thing?

• 3 weeks later...

When I first started using Evernote, I thought I had to have a sticky note interface for Evernote.

Having used it for a while, I no longer desire a sticky note interface, but there is something else I would like:

A Windows gadget that would display the results of a saved search. The titles would display, scrollable in the gadget, with the ability to click them and bring up the note and the ability to click to add a new note which meets the saved search criteria, so it would then appear in the list.

I've found that the Evernote note interface works fine as a replacement for a sticky note. What's missing, is the ability to have the list of sticky notes displayed on the screen without displaying the complete Evernote interface.

• 2 months later...

Thank you, Owyn!

(moderately off-topic, a question of forum etiquette -- I looked for but didn't find a FAQ (is there one?) -- if I just want to say
Thanks!
then does the forum prefer that I hit the "Like" button & not clutter the thread, or is it cool for me to be EverAppreciative in text?)

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums 223fms.

There is no forum FAQ at this time. Closest available is here.

Usage has been evolving but the Like button is preferred when:

- A post helped answer a specific question or resolve a problem

- You were about to respond and someone beat you to it. (We've got some quick off the mark posters here).

• 3 weeks later...

I have a tablet and they 'widget bar' that allows me to see my most recent activity on my 'home' screen would be perfect. If you could just create that same app to make it accessible on my desktop, I would be a happy camper!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I think a widget/gadget that it will allow the notes to being view at the desktop is a MUST!

you use your phone, record, take a pic and/or write something, so when you arrive at the office or home it will apear just in front of you, that will convert the evernote in the most usefull tool for those who like me remember things to do while not at office and then you arrive and cannot remember what it was... :P

• Level 5*

You could always use what Evernote has already, for example, use a special "Todo" tag on the types of notes you wish to treat as to-do items. Create it at work, sync, and search for them at home. Otherwise, Evernote is not designed to be a To-do list organizer. If you want one of those, there are a bajillion of them available already.

• 1 year later...

You could always use what Evernote has already, for example, use a special "Todo" tag on the types of notes you wish to treat as to-do items. Create it at work, sync, and search for them at home. Otherwise, Evernote is not designed to be a To-do list organizer. If you want one of those, there are a bajillion of them available already.

Jeff I have to disagree. I use Evernote daily for work and home to organize and prioritize my tasks. I use the Android widgets (that are in desperate need of fixing) exclusively for that purpose. The Secret Weapon website is exclusively devoted to using Evernote for task management and work prioritization. http://www.thesecretweapon.org/

• Level 5*

Jeff I have to disagree. I use Evernote daily for work and home to organize and prioritize my tasks. I use the Android widgets (that are in desperate need of fixing) exclusively for that purpose. The Secret Weapon website is exclusively devoted to using Evernote for task management and work prioritization. http://www.thesecretweapon.org/

Look at the date of the post that you're responding to. It's before Evernote introduced reminders. Evernote was designed by Evernote. The Secret Weapon was not designed by Evernote. Yes, Evernote has some features that can be used to help you to organize tasks / to-dos (I do it, though I have a pretty simple use case). I'd still say that its primary design is as a way to store and organize notes, and make them available everywhere you go, and use as a to-do list manager is secondary. But hey, if it works for you...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello can I trust the Evernote Sticky Notes install?

The website tells it is from the Evernote Developer Competition but how can I know for sure?

I don’t like the idea of giving a password to a program that I am not sure of

download link still works.

so you want program to manage your evernote notes without your permission or something? would that make you feel safer?

i see it's done with oauth protocol in action. should be safe :)

I am happy to find this app at all :)

• 1 year later...

Hello can I trust the Evernote Sticky Notes install?

The website tells it is from the Evernote Developer Competition but how can I know for sure?

I don’t like the idea of giving a password to a program that I am not sure of

download link still works.

so you want program to manage your evernote notes without your permission or something? would that make you feel safer?

i see it's done with oauth protocol in action. should be safe :)

I am happy to find this app at all :)

It works

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 23/9/2016 at 19:33, Don Bertos dijo:

As a paying customer.... (dont you hate when people say that?) 

I'd also like this feature - being able to treat certain evernote(s) as windows esque note widgets would be amazing !

well ...we like our payment to worth the trouble. there is nothing wrong about that imho.

Archived