Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xavier_

android (Archived) Evernote for Android v4.0 Beta 2

Hi All,

We've just published a new update of Evernote for Android version 4.0 beta2 (revision 225077).

Due to some changes on the roadmap, the next updates will be v3.6. All the changes already in v4.0 will be also on v3.6.

Some minor changes and fixes in this release:

- Explore Evernote (the light bulb): UI improvement. We made it more friendly, and easier to navigate (one tap to go back to the list).

- Auto-title: We tweaked the process so we don't select in priority the full day events and select the event which ends sooner. Still working on it to make it perfect.

- SD card warning: we corrected the messages so it defines which memory is full.

We also fixed some bugs.

Please give it a try and let us know if you have any issue.

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Thank you.

I noticed in Explore Evernote that the the description for Share Note says "Let people see all notes in your Notebook". Is that true? Doesn't that just apply to that specific note.

- Auto-title: We tweaked the process so we don't select in priority the full day events and select the event which ends sooner. Still working on it to make it perfect.

Not had a lot of chance to test it, but seems to be working much better - thanks.

Keith

@MidaGold1380, thanks, this should be fixed now. Please tell us if you can still see anything unexpected and we'll take care of it.

@Bartman001, this text is incorrect and we are correcting it right now. Sharing a note doesn't share the notebook.

The new update won't install on my Nexus. I have three downloads of Evernote_beta.225077.apk and when I click on them, they say "can not open file".

I was able to install it fine on my Kindle Fire.

I have sent the logs, the title of the email is "Problem installing beta update".

What happened since my last post is that the new 3.5 public came out and I downloaded that to (hopefully) override any problem.

I am now going to try the beta update again.

Edit: I am getting the same problem, when I try to install it, I get "Cannot open file".