(Archived) Feature Request: "Rotate Photo" option inside Evernote

houstonspace

Half my photos are sideways. I would love this feature for not only the mobile version, but also the desktop version. Even If I click on the photos and bring up a 3rd party application, it never seems to save it back into the note. For the desktop app, it always wants to put it on the hard drive somewhere. What I end up doing is opening the photos in IrfanView or Picasa, then rotating it, then saving it to the desktop. Then I go into the note, delete the original picture, then copy the modified picture to the same note. That's a real pain. A simple 'rotate' button would make it a lot easier to deal with the huge number of photos I have.

• Level 5*

Lots of discussion here about the need or otherwise for photo-editing software. The smart money seems to be that with Skitch in the mix, some image processing (which may or may not include rotation) will be along in due course. Meantime welcome to the real world and external apps to edit and save the content.

If you click on a picture in the desktop client though, it should open in your default image-handling software. If you then ~save the result, you'll get a warning that the file already exists, so just go ahead and save anyway. You should see the note update within seconds with the new version - no dragging or dropping required.

I find it's actually better to edit my Android pics on the desktop - there's more chance I can see some detail, and I can change resolution, crop and generally tidy up as well as do anything that's specifically necessary.

• 2 months later...

This is actually a dealbreaker for me. I'm using Evernote less and less just because of this problem. There should be an easy way to rotatet pictures insiden Evernote. There should also be an easy way to resize the picture inside the note.

This is actually a dealbreaker for me. I'm using Evernote less and less just because of this problem. There should be an easy way to rotatet pictures insiden Evernote. There should also be an easy way to resize the picture inside the note.

I'm not the only one with this weird problem. I thougt that the camera would just rotate it wrong.

I would really like to know why this happens. Is it worth an article in the tech blog?

See below.

(Emphasis mine.)

Lots of discussion here about the need or otherwise for photo-editing software. The smart money seems to be that with Skitch in the mix, some image processing (which may or may not include rotation) will be along in due course. Meantime welcome to the real world and external apps to edit and save the content.

If you click on a picture in the desktop client though, it should open in your default image-handling software. If you then ~save the result, you'll get a warning that the file already exists, so just go ahead and save anyway. You should see the note update within seconds with the new version - no dragging or dropping required.

I find it's actually better to edit my Android pics on the desktop - there's more chance I can see some detail, and I can change resolution, crop and generally tidy up as well as do anything that's specifically necessary.

(I wonder if people actually read the previous posts...)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it´s a dealbreaker for me too...

This is one out of two things that stop me from going Premium.

It´s so simple to build into the app too, and you don´t have to use external apps. Why would you want to leave Evernote for such a thing?

No developer wants a customer to leave the app for another one, would they? We´re not talking Photoshop features, but only to rotate a picture and eventually resize it.

Go developers, go! (And you will have another paying customer).

And while youre at it: Please make it possible to delete the checkbox after removing the text following that box. In the Windows client you can delete both the checkmark and the textline, but not in the Androidclient.

• 4 weeks later...

It´s so simple to build into the app too, and you don´t have to use external apps.

Please read the info about Skitch, that was already posted twice in this thread. Why should EN reinvent the wheel, when there are already a lot of wheels out there? And, BTW, Skitch is an Evernote product.

• 1 month later...

Archived