Fillable form

poopsie

I am an instructor and am using EN to encrypt and store my students notes. At the end of the semester I administer a test that I then take all the notes for them on. What I want to do is have a form that I can fill out then save for each student. I tried to create a fillable PDF using Scribus, but when imported I was not able to click on any of the Text boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

I really don't want to use a template from Word where it can be edited. I really just want to have something that says Name: ___________________ and only be able to fill in where the line is. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Would the Copy Note facility be helpful? You create a template note, including prefilled-in content, tags, title, etc, and then use Copy Note to make a copy of it in whatever notebook you like.

I really just want to have something that says Name: ___________________ and only be able to fill in where the line is. Thanks!

EN does not support "fillable forms" with text boxes & protected text (IE text box descriptions such as "Name", "phone number", etc.).

• Level 5*
I tried to create a fillable PDF using Scribus, but when imported I was not able to click on any of the Text boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

You may need to open the PDF file in Scribus, Adobe Acrobat Reader, or other PDF reader in order for the form to work properly.

Just double-click, or right-click and select open, on the PDF file in the Note to open.

• 3 weeks later...

EN is missing the boat on this one, since the whole concept is about mobility they should include a forms builder with rudimentary data export in excel so that the mobile work force can gather information about their clients such as (Contacts, billing contacts, type of service needed, building type, systems type etc) this would be very powerful with the voice notes and picture saving abilities. If this were possible than than EN could also be used for inspections such as (building, management companies, maintenance, Fire Alarm etc).

• Level 5*

They may be missing that boat intentionally. I'm not sure that it's their aim to provide form-builder software, though that sure sounds like a swell idea for some third-party development effort. That's what the API is for, after all...

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I think you guys would really like KustomNote.com. It does exactly that. I have created http://kustomnote.com. for Evernote, its a web app that allows you to create note templates, pick a theme, send email reminders and pre-define the fields to be used with different types like date, numbers, files, even movies and music and Google Contacts.

Please check it out and I'd be more than happy to help with anything,

- Hussein

• 1 year later...

Poopsie:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

I am an instructor and am using EN to encrypt and store my students notes. At the end of the semester I administer a test that I then take all the notes for them on. What I want to do is have a form that I can fill out then save for each student. I tried to create a fillable PDF using Scribus, but when imported I was not able to click on any of the Text boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

I really don't want to use a template from Word where it can be edited. I really just want to have something that says Name: ___________________ and only be able to fill in where the line is. Thanks! 
--------------------------------------------------------------
I hope it is not too late, but I may have a solution for you.

Poopsie:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it is not too late, but I may have a solution for you.

???

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know what you think, Please!

I'm interested.  How did you make it?  How do you see it being used (beyond the obvious — one shortcoming is that the user can select the field names)?

As a simpler test case:  can you make a form for a Cornell Note-taking page?  Title across the top, space for the date, two text entry columns with the left one ½ the width of the right one, and a final full-width text entry field at the bottom.

Yes, all the fields can be edited.  Down side for some purposes, but for in-house documentation it is good.  However, once a Form is completed in a Note, you can "right-click" on the Note and export it as a PDF.

This is just a quick example of the Cornell Note you asked for:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s48/sh/f2fe8140-eab1-4736-b885-09f2ad98879a/83862e2dbff620d120ee7cedec7c45e1

Will that work?

These are more samples:  https://www.evernote.com/shard/s48/sh/e5491032-215c-4d04-9489-06c27cf47634/fc4b068f0e99e9dd35ea2b28795131db

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s48/sh/3ab46df8-07d9-401c-a268-d347e5c5eec8/fff251e7833f4b5d3c3e313c5b86d653

I use Word to create the Form, copy/paste into Evernote.  I have some editing to do once it is in Evernote, but that is all that is to it.  Once the template form is complete in Evernote, you only have to copy it in whatever Notebook you wish, as often as you need.

I have been successful with complex forms as well that include several tables with paragraphs of text in between, etc.  I guess the hardest part is creating the Form in Word, while knowing what it will look like in Evernote.

gmn216

Well, you bring up a good point in which I need some education.  

Yes, Evernote's Editor is based on xhtml code from what I understand.  However, I am a novice with xhtml, and I can customize a form easier in Word than I can xhtml.  I have only once created an email contact form. 

Another option is using Kustom Note to create forms for Evernote. I am a novice with Kustom Note, having only used it once.  I found it too elementary for form building compared to my experience in using Word and getting the aesthetics I wish and the function I need.

Which leads me to some of my big questions for EVERYONE:  What are the advantages in using xhtml or html to build Forms in Evernote as opposed to using Word or Excel?

What are the advantages in using Kustom Note as opposed to using Word or Excel? (besides their advertisments)

Humbly & Great Appreciation,

gmn216

• 1 year later...

Archived