(Archived) HOWTO: See the size of my note

mrgoerend

Idea

20 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I always use fullscreen in Lion. So -- correct me if I'm wrong -- to see the size of a note, I need to leave fullscreen and change views to list view?

Yup

I'm not crazy, am I? Doesn't that seem like an oversight?

You might be crazy, I'm not qualified to judge....

Ahead of the deployment of the 'Lion' ready version of Evernote there was a lot of discussion around the UI and which view or views were going to be supported. For better or worse, Evernote decided for the time being that only one view would be supported. This makes it pretty much useless for me, but then again I haven't found any app that works better in full screen than it does normally so they are not alone.

The main reason is to make sure the note that you're currently editing isn't going over the note limit, correct? Would you need to see the metadata of multiple notes at a time or of a note you're not actively editing?

Just clarifying what the needs are. Thanks!

That is correct. I would not need to see the metadata of multiple notes at the same time.

The main reason is to make sure the note that you're currently editing isn't going over the note limit, correct? Would you need to see the metadata of multiple notes at a time or of a note you're not actively editing?

Just clarifying what the needs are. Thanks!

In the Windows client, View / Status Bar will show a bar with word count and note size. Don't know whether that exists for the Mac.

I am sure a lot of Mac users will find that info rather helpful. Thanks for sharing! :)

Archived