(Archived) Feature Request: Icons/Glyphs for Snippet View

Tim In PA

In the snippet view of my notes, an image is chosen for the note based on what is in the message. Currently, I add an image to the important notes to make them immediately recognizable and identifyable.

It would be great to have a way to choose from a perdetermined set of images/icons/glyphs and/or choose from uploaded and/or previously uploaded images.

To go further, the images would be tags of a special and customizable variety. Visual over text.

I like the idea of being more visual, though I'm hesitant about things that require the user to explicitly choose for each note.

If you look at photo albums, most users don't do any editing, or even remove the bad photos. So I don't know how much adoption we'd get for people picking images for tags, etc.

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking that it would be optional, as it is with tags.

An alternative would be to make it so that the image displayed in the snippet view is easier to pick and crop, while retaining the automatic feature.

Yeah, the backlog of features we'd like to do is pretty long, so things that aren't going to be widely adopted tend to be de-prioritized. But I do really like the idea of having content be more visual

Understood, more than you know - I'm a software developer and run my own company.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there. I use your product on my iPhone, Kindle Fire, and three Windows machines; to say that I use your product would be an understatement. If you need a beta tester, please keep me in mind.

Thanks.

Glad you're onboard the Evernote train! You can opt into Betas on Windows under Tools >> Options >> General >> [ ] Update to prerelease version when available

For the mobile clients, we post to the forums so you can probably find them there. We are trying to figure out the best methods for betas for those.

Hope to see you around the forums and don't mind the snark :P

Archived