calmriver

other (Archived) why not skitch for windows?

43 posts in this topic

hi,

I'm happy evernote user.

Now I testing skitch but I notice 2 problems:

1) no version for windows

2) in android not possible to save project to later editing (the first time I lost my project...1h work! ... :-( ....)

So if you don't have a Mac Skitch it's realy not fully valid.

Thanks,

Andrea

small-logo.png

That's good to hear... as I'll very much look forward to using it on my Windows computer. :) Thanks for the reference, BurgersNFries.

How soon will we see this for Windows? I have XP for tablets, sp3. Gobinder i cIosed. I really liked them. I like ink notes with EN but the ink notes do not print correctly. Skitch would be super!

Evernote does not usually release ETAs for feature releases.

Having just taken a job in a Windows-centric environment, I can't even begin to explain how crippled I feel right now without Skitch!!!

I mean, thank god that I have Evernote on this box. But the inability to snap screen shots and annotate them with the power and ease of Skitch is just killing me and my productivity. I'm dying to show these people what it can do!

1 person likes this

That would be nice to have for Windows, sure a lot of us hate Windows, but it's what a lot of us are using :) We will wait patiently...or try to :)

Hi, I have a touch screen Windows 7 PC and I am disappointed that I cannot use Skitch with Evernote - come on developers, you know it makes sense !

Hi, I have a touch screen Windows 7 PC and I am disappointed that I cannot use Skitch with Evernote - come on developers, you know it makes sense !
It's in the pipeline. No ETA. Patience is a virtue.

I'm also stuck with Windows when working with some clients, so I look forward to Skitch for Windows soon - hopefully!

@heather,

I can't seem to find a download link on that page and jumping to the App WebSite goes to the usual Evernote/Skitch page with no mention of the Windows (beta) version described on the page you linked to. Am I just not seeing it?

-- roschler

You can download it directly from within the Metro Appstore, in Windows Metro.

@heather,

Ok thanks. Don't have Windows Metro. Hopefully Evernote does a wider release soon.

-- roschler

That link wasn't very encouraging. I saw a whole lot of complaints about Metro in it.

-- roschler.

1 person likes this

Metro's not "final" yet. It won't be released until October, so yes, there's lots of people who would be complaining about the way it works right now, especially when they try to install it on machines it's not designed for.

I can say that for touchscreen devices, it really is a great, full-featured OS.

Will screen capture be coming to Skitch for Windows? It's not nearly as useful without that fundamental feature.

I'm confused. Is Skitch for windows not coming to Win 7 and maybe XP? Only Win 8?

Although programming skitch for Windows Metro is good and forward looking, I think you may be missing a huge portion of your user-base if you don't also develop a version for Windows 7 as well.

1 person likes this

I'm confused. Is Skitch for windows not coming to Win 7 and maybe XP? Only Win 8?

Oh...I hope not. :(

At work, there is no chance that we will go to Win8 in the near future. We are firmly embedded with Win7. And I have no particular desire to upgrade from Win7 at home...I really like it.

If there is no Win7 compatible version of Skitch coming, I will be crushed. :(

Oh...I hope not. :(

At work, there is no chance that we will go to Win8 in the near future. We are firmly embedded with Win7. And I have no particular desire to upgrade from Win7 at home...I really like it.

If there is no Win7 compatible version of Skitch coming, I will be crushed. :(

I agree, not developing for Win7 is a bad idea, I work for an IT-company who's customers are at this moment moving from XP to Win7. There is no way they wil be moving to Windows 8 anytime soon! Even I as an experienced Windows user won't move to Windows 8 for at least a couple of years, it may very well be that I (and our customers) will skip Windows 8 and wait for the next version!

2 people like this

Bound by Windows myself. Until the developers take enough pity on us stuck in the Windows world (not taking part in Windows 8 debug-fest), you might consider Jing: www.techsmith.com/Jing

Hope this helps!

Skitch should be part of Evertnote in first place. I've wrote on these forums as suggestion to have tool to do exactly what Skitch (or OneNote) do.